His nightmare

"Mamae!" Junior called out from his bedroom. I opened my eyes and groaned a little. Snuggling into Cristiano as he rubbed my back. I peeked over his shoulder and noted the time.

2:51

I sighed and closed my eyes. "Mamae!" He whined. I re-opened my eyes and untangled myself from Cris, I give him a kiss on the cheek before climbing out of bed.

I grabbed Cris' shirt that was on the chest of drawers and put it on. I left the bedroom and ventured down the quiet, and dark hallway to Junior's bedroom.

"Mamae!" He continued. I opened the door and the night lamp he had was dimmed so I could make my way over to him. He was a sobbing mess.

I walked over to his bed and as he saw my figure, he reached his arms out. I pulled him into my lap and sat down on his bed. I rocked him back and forth, shushing him and rubbing his back. "What's wrong, belo?"

"I had- I had a n-nightmare. Y-you got taken away, " He sobbed. My frown deteriorated and I held him tightly.

"No, no. Belo, nobody will take me away and do that. I promise. It was just a dream, not a reality, " I hushed and pulled back to cup his face. He had tear stains down his cheeks. I wiped his tears away with my thumbs and kissed his forehead.

"You promise?" He asked. His lips in a pout. I chuckled and nodded my head.

"I promise. Are you okay now?" I asked. He hesitantly nodded his head.

"Do you want to sleep in Mamae and Papai's room?" I asked. He nodded vigorously and leaned down and grabbed his teddy bear. "Okay, " I breathed out and stood up from the bed. I flipped the nightlamp off and continued to rub circles on his back.

I walked back down the hall, entered Cris and I's bedroom. I laid one leg on the bed and leaned down to lay Junior down. I followed suit and laid down next to him. He curled up next to me and rested his head on my chest. I kissed his head and ran my fingers through his curly hair.

-