Nervous, Scared, and Driving

Chapter 4
Apollo's Point of View:

The end of the school day came way too quickly. I wasn't prepared for this. I was telling Artemis something that could change both of our lives. I looked at the clock. 2:58. I had 2 minutes before my talk with Artemis and I only had one chance to convince her. She already doesn't trust me, but she has to believe me. She just has to.

The bell rings and I realize that I had been so lost in my thoughts that I hadn't gotten a word of what the teacher said. I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door thinking I would ask Nick for the homework. I ran out to my mustang and saw her standing there.

"Artemis." I said realizing that I hadn't called her by her actual name in a really long time. She turned around instantly and I saw the panic in her eyes. She looked like she was about to cry, and that's when I realized that she had just gotten off the phone. She looked up at me and very quietly she whispered something that I couldn't understand.

"What? I didn't hear you." I said softly.

"Can you drive me to the hospital, my parents just died in a car accident?" She repeated quietly. I opened the passenger door and helped her inside. I sprinted around to the other side and jumped in before speeding to the hospital. This conversation could wait. Artemis needed me, and for once, I was going to be there.