Meeting the Family

Artemis' Point of View

I was running through the forest, chasing after a small wolf whose name escaped me. He led me to the opening of a cave. I took a seat on a rock, somehow knowing that I was supposed to wait for someone. I heard the deep voice of a man.

"Jealousy killed the girl, revenge kills the man. It all ends before it ever began. Savior, twins, and sacrifice. It all comes down to the golden eyed boy and the girl with the silver eyes."

I took the words he said to heart. I'm the girl with the silver eyes, so who is the golden eyed boy? What's this about something ending and the death of a girl and a man. These thoughts ran through my head faster than lightning. Suddenly out of nowhere, there was a scene playing out in front of me. It was my small town that I had come to call home crashing to the ground. The only part of the world that I knew falling down around me. Suddenly, a boy with golden eyes emerged from the cage. I recognized him.

"Apollo, what's going on?" I questioned my twin. He looked out at the violent scene that was playing out before us. His face changed as he saw someone he recognized. I followed his line of sight and saw Zoe standing on the sidewalk wondering around with blood covering her from head to toe. I stood up and attempted to run toward her. As soon as I got close the scene disappeared. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly. I opened them to see two chocolate brown eyes staring back at me with fear and curiosity.

"Art, are you okay?" The owner of the brown eyes asked. I recognized the voice instantly and realized that it was Zoe. She was safe and it was all just a dream. I nodded and rolled over putting my face into her stomach as she stroked her hand through my hair. This is what it could be like forever. Just me and Zoe forever. I smiled at my imagination. 3 sharp knocks on the front door snapped me out of my trance. I looked at Zoe, wondering who it could be. She shrugged her shoulders knowing what I was thinking without having to ask. I sat up and went to the door knowing that whoever it was needed something important. I looked through the window by the door and saw Apollo and 2 young blonde kids standing there with backpacks on. I opened the door and ushered them inside.

"Artemis, I'm really sorry to spring this on you, but something happened tonight that I could be in major trouble for and I had to bring Ethan and Briley with me because they could've gotten hurt if I had left them there." Apollo said quickly.

"Slow down sun boy, I'm glad you're here. I need to ask you about something anyways." I said taking them back into the living room. Today was just getting more insane by the second. First my parents, then Apollo, and now this dream that's still stressing me out.

"Apollo, what are we doing here?" A quiet voice said from behind Apollo.

"Ethan it's okay. This is my twin sister that I was telling you about." He informed the little blonde boy. I smiled at him and he gave me a smile that showed he was scared and excited at the same time. "I'm hoping that she'll let us crash here tonight?" Apollo continued looking more at me this time.

"Yeah, but you have to tell me what happened first." I said. Apollo gave me a look that said 'not now.' I nodded and took Ethan and Briley back into the guest bedroom.

"Hi. I'm Briley. Apollo is my foster brother." The blonde haired girl said excitedly. I smiled at her.

"Yeah, I've heard a lot about you from Apollo." I told Briley. She grinned happily.

"He never really told us a lot about you. All we know is that you're the girl with the silver eyes that he talks about in his sleep." Ethan said quietly. I frowned slightly, wondering what that could mean. Did Apollo have the same dream as I did?

"Why don't we put the two of you to bed, it's been a long day." I said to the two kids. Briley nodded and started getting her and Ethan ready for bed. When they were both in their pajamas, I tucked them in and turned the lights off before heading back into the living room to talk to Apollo and Zoe. Today had lasted way too long, and the only thing I wanted to do was travel back in time to about 10 minutes ago when I was curled up with the girl I was in love with, but with my luck, I'll never be in that position ever again.