Nerves, Hospitals, and Fancy Used Cars

Chapter 5
Artemis' Point of View:

After school was over I headed out to the parking lot in search of Apollo's bright yellow mustang that he had bought from a used car lot and fixed up so that it looked brand new. When I spotted the car, I walked over and leaned against the car waiting for him to show up. While I was waiting, my phone rang. I looked down and saw an unknown number. I answered the phone.

"Hello?" I questioned.

"Hi, is this Artemis Connors?" Came the voice on the other end of the line.

"Umm yeah?" I said, thinking that maybe this was some sort of solicitor.

"Ms. Connors, your parents are Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds correct?" The lady on the other end of the line said.

"Yes, who is this?" I asked now getting some what angry.

"This is Johnson Central Hospital, your parents have been in a car accident and didn't make it. We need you to come down to the hospital to identify the bodies and then if it is them then we will have some other things to take care of. I'm sorry for your loss but we need you down here as soon as possible." I was in shock. My parents couldn't be dead, I just spoke to them this morning. How could this happen?!

"Artemis." A voice said from behind me. I turned around slowly realizing that I hadn't heard that voice say my name in a long time. He took one look at me and I could tell that he could see the pain in my eyes.

"Can you drive me to the hospital?" I asked quietly. A look of confusion flashed across his face.

"What, I didn't hear you." Apollo said cautiously.

"Can you drive me to the hospital? My parents just died in a car accident." I repeated louder. He nodded and helped me into his car and drove me to the hospital. When we got there, the secretary told me to wait in the waiting room until someone could take me back into the morgue to identify the bodies. I went over and sat down with Apollo before suddenly remembering that there was something he had needed to talk to me about.

"Apollo, what did you need to tell me?" I asked him.

"Don't worry about it right now, we'll get to that some other time, you've had a crazy enough day. I don't want to make it any crazier." He said sweetly. I realized that he actually had sincerity in his voice.

"Apollo, I want to know now before I decide that I don't want to know at all." I said firmly. He thought for a second before opening his mouth as if to say something and then closing it again. He stared at his hands for few seconds before locking his golden eyes with my silver ones.

"Artemis, I would like to reintroduce myself. I'm Apollo, your twin brother." He said.

"That's crazy." I said simply, but in reality, it didn't seem that way. We were the same age, had the same last name, Connors, and we looked alike. We were also adopted and there's no way that two families in the same town would name their children after Greek gods. It made sense, but at the same time, it was insanity.

"Okay, when's your birthday?" He asked as if to prove it.

"November 6th." I answered.

"Yeah, me too." He said softly. "Both of us came from the same orphanage and we have the same last name. There's no way we aren't twins." He continued quietly. I looked at him in awe. I have a brother. I have a family.