Sun Boy Explodes

Chapter 8
Apollo's Point of View:

Alicia started explaining all of Artemis' options now that she had nowhere to go for the second time in her life. "We have to find a place for you to live. Now there's a couple of options here. You can go live with a family member, get yourself emancipated, or you can be put into a foster home. Unfortunately, the Reynolds' have no living family members and to get emancipated you have to be able to support yourself financially. The only option we have left is to put you into a foster home."

I couldn't believe this. A foster home? Artemis didn't deserve to be ripped away from her life because of something that was completely out of her control. We only just found each other, we can't be split up now.

"Hey wait. We just found each other, you can't split us up now, and besides foster homes seriously suck, I don't want her to go through that." I said to the case worker.

"Actually, there's nothing else we can do. Apollo, I'm sorry but that's the only thing that's allowed legally." Alicia explained to me. This was terrible, if Artemis ended up in a foster home like mine then she would be psychologically scarred for the rest of her life, no one deserved that.

"No you can't, do you know how terrible foster homes are?! I've lived in one my whole life and each time it's just gotten worse!" I yelled in anger. Artemis flinched at my sudden outburst and Alicia just looked shocked but held an apologetic look as if it was her fault.

"Apollo, I'm sorry. If there was something I could do I would do it but I can't do anything until you, Briley, and Ethan are willing to come forward." Alicia told me, I slumped in defeat. The three of us knew that the only way that we were allowed to be together was to suffer through the torment that Mr. Hendrickson put us through. We cared too much about each other to allow ourselves to be split up.

"Speaking of them, Artemis, I have to go and get Ethan and Briley from school, call Zoe. I'm sorry about everything that's happened in the past few hours, and I'm sorry that you're about to be placed in a home that I can't even begin to describe." I said before getting up and heading toward the door.

"Apollo wait. Talk to Nick, he isn't going to be too happy about this. Also, thanks for the support." Artemis said. I turned around and nodded before heading out the door and going to get my foster siblings and then driving them to our own personal hell.