Epilogue - The Sequel, HORNS, is Now Out

Start from the beginning

"You think?" I asked, chewing on the pen.

"Yes," he confirmed, smiling. "Write the very first thing that comes to mind, and then, when you've finished the entry, come to bed. I can't sleep easy if you're not beside me."

"Oh?" I teased, and he playfully growled and ground against me. "All right, all right."

"Good," he sighed, kissing me. "I love you, my Sunflower. Be sure to close the curtains when you come back inside. Sunrise is coming soon."

"I will," I promised, and he nodded before releasing me, shuffling back inside with another cute yawn. I smiled after him, then looked out at the horizon, thinking. Strands of glossy white hair drifted in front of me and lifted with the breeze, rippling and floating around my face. The updraft was a pleasant feeling, hot wind rushing across my face and spiraling towards the sky.

The whole balcony was like a vortex.

It made me feel a little like Marilyn Monroe with the way the skirt of the robe ballooned outward.

I sighed, looking down at my journal... thinking.

Then I looked back at Sebastian, who was lying on his back, legs spread, unabashed and uncaring for who might or might not see him that way, thick arms behind his head, mouth open, eyes closed, visibly snoring. His new haircut made him look handsome and clean.

Bronze skin gleamed dimly, still coated in a sheen of sweat from our earlier activities.

His foot twitched. I fought a giggle. It was cute.

I turned my attention back to the journal, thinking back over the last five months, over everything that had happened and come to be because of it. There was so much I needed to get out of my system, talking about any one event was just too much, too confusing, and all at once it wasn't nearly enough. I chewed on the plastic, frowning, eyes narrowing.

"Just do what I do," he'd said.

I sighed through my nose and turned around, sinking down against the railing and opening the journal. I took the pen out of my mouth and looked at the blank paper for the longest time.

And then... I put the pen down, and wrote the first thing that came to mind.

'I was born sick.'

It was ugly. Took up too little space. Didn't look right.

I smiled wryly. "What a way to begin, huh?"

_______________________

Final Note: SLEEPSONG IS OFFICIALLY COMPLETE!

Good news everyone! The next book will most likely begin by Halloween or early November, depending on my health! Look forward to it! Remember that your votes in the Epilogue of SLEEPSONG actually make a difference since that's what I'm making the decision on.

Anyway, I've also come to the conclusion and morbid realization that I won't be able to get SLEEPSONG itself published without help. I've set up a Ko-Fi account and I'm still figuring it out, and I might set up a Patreon account at some point.

Fact is, I couldn't even afford to buy myself food a few months ago with all the hospital visits, and again, for those of you who were following the story you know that @ambermoon3105 went above and beyond. Thanks to her suggestion I've set up a Ko-Fi account that, again, I'm still trying to figure out.

Long story short, if anyone wants to donate anything to help me try and get this book of mine published and, at length, possibly turned into a visual series of some sort or a movie, I would very much appreciate it because that is my NEW goal. I want SLEEPSONG turned into a film.

Or a Live action/animated series of some sort.

You can't copy and paste it, unfortunately, BUT, at least you'll know how to get there.

Link is below!

https://ko-fi.com/aaronledgers

Also last but not least, Horst's Sequel is going to be titled...

*Drum roll*

HORNS!

Look forward to HORNS and PRETTY BLUES!

Anyway...

Thank you to all you wonderful readers who supported me through it and still support me now! LOOK FORWARD TO THE SEQUEL FROM HORST'S POINT OF VIEW AND THE COMPANION STORY RETELLING THIS ENTIRE BOOK FROM BASH'S POV! The journey is NOT OVER! But I think I need a bit of a break to recover, lol! I'm beat! And tired! And sick, still, lolololol, but I am SO HAPPY! WE HIT A MILLION READS, GUYS! WE DID IT!

ONE OF MY LIFELONG DREAMS HAS BEEN ACHIEVED, FOR REAL!

Thank you to everyone.

Especially ambermoon3105 because without her, I honestly would have died. Even my doctor said so. She genuinely saved my life since I was extremely malnourished on top of being too sick to do anything a few months ago. Anyway, I look forward to you guys in the next book -- and speaking of that, which should I do first? The sequel with Horst or the companion story?

I'll let you vote!

A: Sequel with Horst first

B: Retelling of this story but through Sebastian's POV first

Have a great day, whoever and wherever you are! I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed making it!