Chapter 19

Author's note: So, Wattpad decided to be a butt and literally removed all the tags in this story during the weird outage we had earlier, even though I was ranked 14 in the horror tag, ranked 223 with the vampire tag, 210 in the werewolf tag, and had similarly high rankings below five hundred on ALL OF MY OTHER TAGS, which a friend said could lead to me being featured.

That's all out the window now, though.

Thanks, Wattpad. You really make your under-the-radar writers feel good. Especially since this isn't the first, but the SECOND time this has happened on a story of mine. Hmmm....

To the rest of you, ignore the acidic flavor of my saltiness and enjoy this chapter!

_______________

Chapter Nineteen

That night was one of the longest I'd ever had.

The howls had vanished, the crashing and faint yelping had stopped, and the only thing I could hear was the sound of my own slow breathing and the occasional huff from the wolf lazing in the gloom on the opposite end of the room. I lay on my back, staring up at the ceiling with most of my long hair intentionally spread out across the pillow above me, hands folded over my chest.

I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss.

The feeling of that moment still lingered on my lips, skin tingling madly where his mouth had been, tingling in a way that I hadn't felt since my first relationship had collapsed. I had been single for a very long time, had given up on the idea of romance and love and sexual relations.

I'd thought such things were impossible for me but my mind had taken a turn after Sebastian's kiss and, after the fright wore off, it hit me like a truck that there were other people out there with infinite lifespans, people I wouldn't have to worry about turning or outliving.

For the first time since all the love in my heart had been ripped out, even though I was totally surrounded by insanity, even though I should have been trying to figure out how to get out of this nightmare, I was instead thinking about the possibility of maybe, eventually, dating again.

Don't ask me why. I knew it was nuts.

I just figured I'd finally cracked and decided to go along with it for once.

Either way, my mind was roving over the possibilities, half formed ideas and thoughts that were thwarted by reality. For starters, how would I even go about finding other eligible supernatural beings? Were there any other possible choices aside from vampires and werewolves?

I didn't want to consider the possibility of that because it depressed me. I mean, other vampires would probably be more likely to kill me than date me, and since werewolves instinctively hated vampires enough to butcher them on sight, I probably wouldn't have much luck on that end either.

Still, another, much quieter part of me wondered if it was healthy to even want to look for a romantic partner, supernatural or not. Sure, there were people like me out there who wouldn't age, that much I now knew, and maybe I'd eventually get lucky and find someone that I could relate to at some point, but this was the here and now, and in the here and now I was struggling with the confusing question of why Sebastian, of all people, had kissed me.