Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen

Let me make something clear.

I am not some innocent little virgin, and I am not a child despite how disarming my looks can be to the people around me. I'm further from either of those things than anyone would probably ever really know. I'm a grown man, after all, with needs, and history, and I know my way around a bedroom since I dated an amazing and highly attractive man for fifteen long years.

That does not, suffice to say, mean that I am experienced with seeing other people naked, or even that it wasn't awkward for me to be in such close quarters with two huge, sculpted, very chiseled men who were so scary on a psychopathic level but still so fucking hot on the physical side.

My subconscious was squealing in delight but my brain, on the other hand, was caught between going 'oh, yasss!' and panicking blindly.

Why me all the freaking time?

I hated Sebastian in that moment, hated him so much I could have screamed, but as things were all I could do was cling to his bare back and pray that the shoulder digging into my solar plexus wouldn't leave me bruised and contused like an apple that had been used in a game of major league baseball.

Heavily decorated hallways slid past us, but I hardly saw them since I was too busy trying to stare at a specific spot on the floor. If I raised my eyes, I'd have a full head-on eyeful of a blonde, naked Adonis, but if I lowered them, I'd have a similarly provocative view of Italy's finest glutes.

Either way, the last thing I needed in this situation was to deal with my own hormones, and eventually I couldn't take it anymore.

"Is carrying me really necessary?!" I finally complained, kicking my legs. "Put me down right NOW, dammit!"

The only response I received was a particularly painful bounce in Sebastian's step. Leo snorted and lifted his burly arms behind his head with a smirk, but I looked away with my cheeks burning since I once again caught a glimpse of far too much. Not that I minded, really, but I had to remind myself that the guy was a werewolf who'd intended to rip my throat out earlier.

That thought was definitely an attraction killer.

I avoided looking at him when he fell into step beside us, but when he did I noticed that the other two werewolves had vanished. The hall was empty, and I wondered at that right before we went around a corner and Sebastian finally put me down, none too gently I might add.

I grumpily straightened my pale pink sweater as Sebastian opened a dark brown door.

It was old, and it creaked.

"Get in," he growled, gripping my arm and dragging me across the floor; I stumbled, dropping the hem of my shirt, and flailed my free arm in an attempt to catch my balance. "You're staying in here for the time being."

"W-what?" I asked, confused; I tried to get free, and fought against him as he roughly and unceremoniously tugged me inside. "Hey, what are you doing?!"

"Silence," he hissed, eyes flaring yellow. "Not another word."

"B-but, what are you-"

He abruptly let go of my arm mid-pull, sending me careening backwards to the ground with a pained cry. I caught only the briefest glimpse of Leo's wince as I fell; my hair tumbled about my face as I lay exhausted on the hard wood floor. Footsteps, presumably Sebastian's, moved away from me and the door shut a moment later, casting me in total darkness.