Chapter 192

Author's Note: I apologize that it took so long to get this chapter out there, but I'm sick again and I'm trying to rest while writing simultaneously. On and off. Anyhoo, I hope you guys enjoy!

____________

Chapter One Hundred and Ninety Two

The party was over, the sun had risen high, and for whatever reason I couldn't sleep. Oh, I was dead tired, don't get me wrong... my mind was just far too awake for me to fall asleep even though I should have been getting as much rest as possible. 

It was, after all, the thirtieth--the day before New Years. 

Sebastian and I had spoken at length before turning in, trying to come to a decision about when we would have the wedding ceremony itself. That conversation alone had been almost surreal, being able to choose when I got married... having full control. 

It made me feel special and proud. Strong, even.

We'd actually decided to say our vows and have the ceremony on New Year's Eve--with wiggle room time, of course, just in case any supernatural accidents might happen... and yet, for all I tried, I just couldn't manage to fall asleep. 

Here I was, being comfortably squished against a group of big snoring werewolves with bodies like heated blankets in our bed upstairs, and I couldn't sleep even though I desperately wanted to. Tomorrow promised to be a crazy-filled day, and here I was, still up at 2:15 in the afternoon. 

I'd spent the better part of the last few hours going over everything in my head. We'd decided on a small ceremony, just close family and pack... Erika and Nikki were all my maids of honor, and since I was gay and extra and could do what I wanted--my fucking wedding, my fucking rules, anyone with an issue could suck it-- Kyle and Jak were going to be my best men. 

Horst had insisted on being our ring bearer, and Ralphie liked the idea of throwing flowers everywhere so he was going to be the flower boy. Everyone had their jobs for tomorrow too. 

A few of the Derkshires were picking up the cake, Agatha was handling the flower deliveries, Diana and Cassidy were in charge of hair and makeup, and my wedding dress was supposedly hanging in the closet with Tiffany's. Of course that meant I couldn't try it on until the wedding. 

My overworked brain was now supplying me with nightmare scenarios. What if it didn't fit right? What if it was bloodstained? What if it was a new dress entirely?

I almost made the decision to wriggle my way out of Sebastian's shirt just to tiptoe downstairs so I could check on the dress in Tiffany's room when his breathing changed and his snoring came to an immediate halt. His body shifted, big hand rubbing my belly as he yawned.

"Are you okay?" he sleepily rasped, deep voice rumbling against my back. "Why aren't you asleep? It's nearly three o'clock in the afternoon."

"Wired," I softly explained, and he grunted in acknowledgement. "We're getting married."

His hand paused with the rubbing, but then he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me up and a little closer to him so he could nuzzle my hair with his face. His nose brushed against my head as he inhaled, breathing deep before exhaling quickly and doing it all over again.

"What are you doing?" I asked, smiling as he mouthed kisses all along my scalp.

"Smelling you," he whispered, doing just that even while he pressed kisses to my hair. "I love your scent, Aerin... I love that it belongs to me. That you belong to me. The commitment you're making on my behalf... as well as on your own, it just... I feel blessed."