46. Topaz

⊰ FORTY SIX ⊱

⊰ FORTY SIX ⊱

TOPAZ

Morning came too soon and right as I was about to curse the sunbeams that rudely awakened me, Jimin's arms tightened around my waist and effectively distracted me. I gently rolled over so that I was facing him, our noses nearly brushing as he continued to hold me. His eyes were closed and his lips were parted but instead of looking peaceful, his brows pulled together in a slight frown.

Sadness crept over me as I realized how stressed he must've been, worrying about how things would go with Jihyun and questioning if things would work out for us. Even though he agreed to fight for our future, I knew he still feared that the curse would break us apart in the end. I feared it too, of course, but I refused to waste our time dwelling on the worst-case scenario. I wasn't going to hold myself back anymore, I just wanted to enjoy every moment I could with him.

My hand drifted up to his face where I gently used my finger to smooth the skin between his brows, ridding him of his frown. Then I slowly trailed the back of my hand over his forehead, down the side of his temple, until finally I cupped his cheek, appreciating the soft warmth of his skin. His dark lashes fluttered against his cheekbones and then I was staring into that magnetic amber color as he opened his eyes.

He blinked, surprised to find me so close, but then his full lips pulled into a light smile. "Good morning," he mumbled in a raspy morning tone that sent tingles through my body.

"Morning," I whispered, mindlessly brushing my thumb back and forth over his cheek.

"What are you doing?" he asked quietly, his eyes holding mine demandingly like he never wanted me to stop returning his stare.

"Looking at you," I replied, my thumb finding its way to his bottom lip.

Jimin hummed, his grip on my waist tightening as he pulled me nearer to him. My heart fluttered and my breath hitched when suddenly he was above me, propping himself up with his arms on either side of me.

"What are you doing?" I asked breathlessly, already feeling the anticipation building up in the pit of my belly.

"Looking at you," he replied as his lips drew into a bright smile that immediately turned my cheeks rosy. I blushed under his stare, trying to calm my breathing as he slowly brought his face closer. He parted his lips, hovering them over mine teasingly.

"Jimin..."

"Do you want me to kiss you?" he asked lowly, pausing centimeters from my mouth as he waited for my answer.

"Yes," I whispered.

"Yes what?" he pressed quietly, eyes searching mine.

"Yes, I want you to kiss me."

He smirked in satisfaction before granting my wish, his lips soft and sweet as they moved with mine. He kissed me delicately, the tenderness of his touch filling me with the assurance of his love.