11. Healing

⊰ E L E V E N ⊱

⊰ E L E V E N ⊱

HEALING

Sleep never came after what Jimin had said to me. I couldn't understand how or why Yoongi would get hurt if we were together. All I knew was that if looks could kill, Jimin's stare would have stopped my heart on the spot. He was way too intense and far too serious for me to just ignore what he said.

But was I really going to stay away from Yoongi just because Jimin told me to? What if he's manipulating me again? He seemed as attached to me as I was to him, so maybe it was all just his way of keeping me to himself.

Regardless of what his motive was, I still felt lost. I needed to find Jimin and get some answers out of him.

I quickly got out of bed, changed into some of my clothes, then left my room. When I made it outside, I saw that only the first rays of daylight were peaking above the horizon and sprawling across the water. The sky was still a dark violet toward the west.

I walked across the deck to the other side of the ship, near the crew's quarters. I wasn't sure where Jimin had slept, but I was determined to find him. I knew he couldn't be with the rest of the crew, because their room was full. So where did he sleep?

After searching in multiple areas, I eventually made my way to the lower levels of the boat, knowing one of the only places I hadn't looked yet was in the brig. Hoping to find only an empty room, I opened the door to the dark space, nose met with the familiar musty scent. Knots formed in my stomach when my eyes landed on Jimin's figure leaning against the cold stone wall. His eyes were closed and one of his knees was pulled up towards his chest while his other leg laid out in front of him, his arms crossed over this chest. He looked cold and miserable.

"Jimin?" I called out to him quietly, but he didn't move. Hesitantly, I approached him, then crouched down to his level. My hand rested on his shoulder and I shook him. "Jimin, wake up."

I jumped when he abruptly grabbed my wrist.

"Don't sneak up on me, kitten." He whispered while his eyes remained closed.

"Why on earth are you sleeping down here?" I asked. His mahogany eyes opened and latched onto mine.

"Nobody showed me to a different room. Plus, I like being away from everyone." He continued holding my wrist as he talked.

"But aren't you freezing? You're going to catch a cold." My brows pulled together in concern.

I raised the back of my hand to his forehead, searching for a fever. He felt a little warm, but before I could say anything, his demanding stare distracted me. Without looking away, he grabbed my hand from his forehead and brought it to his lap. He looked down at our hands, causing his silvery blue hair to hang in his eyes. I watched as he started playing with my fingers. My heart skipped.