30. The Artist

**Violence and some language in this chapter. I do not intend to glorify these themes/behaviors. Please be cautious if you're sensitive to violent scenes and descriptions.**

⊰ T H I R T Y ⊱

⊰ T H I R T Y ⊱

THE ARTIST

Two waves of pirates crashed into each other wildly, swords striking together in a barbaric frenzy. Rain began to fall down on us the instant we dove into the fight, almost like the clouds had a mind of their own and wanted some sort of role in the battle. There were two pirates for nearly every one of us, and I was almost offended that I was of the few to have only one man approach me.

I smirked, knowing their assumptions of my weakness would only put me at an advantage. I easily parried my attacker's blows, pushing against his blade to send him stumbling back. Surprise spread across his face as he started acknowledging my strength.

"You've got a little spice in you," the redhead grinned as he straightened out and stalked toward me again, like a scavenging wolf. Little did he know that I was the greater predator.

"You sure you don't want to surrender and stay with us, sweetheart? We could take real good care of you." he purred, licking his lips as his eyes gleamed with an animalistic desire.

A grimace pulled on my lips as his words sent nausea through me. "No way in hell," I spat before clashing my sword down on his again.

The pirate grunted in effort as he struggled to keep up with my swift attacks. Letting his sickening comments fuel the fire within me, I bore down on him relentlessly. I thought about the people they had probably just slaughtered, their sudden absence on this earth pushing me on. Adrenaline and anger coursed through my veins as I lunged for him, aiming for his chest, but he saw it coming and tried to twist away at the last second, the blade plunging into his bicep instead.

An ear-splitting shout left his mouth as I tore the sword back out of his skin, blood spattering in every direction as I did so. He clamped a hand over his gushing wound, falling to his knees.

"Fucking bitch. When I'm done with you, you won't be able to—"

His words ceased and then he was coughing and sputtering, hands flying to his throat where a line of red liquid overflowed. His body fell backwards, hitting the wet floor with a conclusive thud. He'd never seen the blade coming.

I tore my gaze from his body, squinting through the rain that started to come down in sheets and pound against the black wood of the deck. Through the haze of water, I could see Taehyung and Jungkook each fighting a single pirate, while Jin, Jimin, Yoongi, and Hoseok were all stuck fighting two at a time. Namjoon was the furthest away, battling the captain as they exchanged words that were drowned out by the sound of the rain.