05. Siren Song

⊰ F I V E ⊱

⊰ F I V E ⊱

SIREN SONG

"What the hell are you doing?!" I yelled as I rushed to the cell.

"I wouldn't come any closer," Jimin warned in a low tone, glaring icily at me. I stopped in my tracks as I noticed his claws digging deeper into Jungkook's neck, causing him to grunt in pain.

"Stop it! Just let him go!"

Jimin had seemed harmless before, but the way he looked in that instant was so sinister. I could tell he was more than willing to harm the man beneath his hands.

"What do you expect to get from this anyways?" Namjoon asked, standing tensely beside me.

My eyes snapped back to Jimin as I heard him sigh.

"This wasn't some elaborate plan of mine. I only pinned him down because he woke me from my sleep," Jimin paused, then shrugged, "Instincts."

"Why did you go into the cell in the first place?" I asked, turning my attention to a flustered and wincing Jungkook.

"I-I saw that he was asleep, so I figured it would be safe for me to go in and grab the bucket that was just sitting there," Jungkook explained.

I closed my eyes. "You idiot."

"Now that I have him here..." Jimin spoke up, "Why don't you tell me what you're planning to do with me? Then he's all yours."

"No, let him go first. I don't trust that you'll release him after we tell you our plans, especially if you don't like what we have to say," Namjoon said.

Jimin's eyes narrowed at Namjoon, but he slowly released his hold on Jungkook. The young pirate scrambled onto his feet and ran out of the cell, closing the barred door behind him and fumbling with the key to lock it.

Jimin returned to his usual position of leaning his back against the wall. His black tail lifted up off the ground for a moment, the action signalling his impatience.

"The captain plans to sell you off in the nearest town to the highest bidder," I finally answered him.

Jimin clicked his tongue in response. "That would be a waste. There aren't many sirens around, you know? You shouldn't get rid of me so easily. I could be of use to you here, but if you sell me off, I'll probably just be dissected or skinned." He spoke evenly, voice monotone. He was trying to sound like he didn't care, but I could sense the fear hidden in his tone.

"Kat and I were hoping we could make a deal with you so that you won't end up in a situation like that. We'd rather work with you than throw you away," Namjoon stated.

Jimin peered at him suspiciously. "What would this deal look like exactly?"

"If you can offer us something that has to do with your abilities as a siren, we will promise not to sell you off and to keep you safe."