10. Tension

⊰ T E N ⊱

⊰ T E N ⊱

TENSION

Yoongi and I continued holding each other. I was too flustered to let him see my face, which is why I didn't pull back. He was content staying in that position, as he also made no move to let go.

I could feel his warm breath against my neck, and I was overly aware of his hands on my hips, where his thumbs found their way under my shirt and started rubbing circles on the skin just above my pants.

The sensations from his touch overwhelmed me. I started pulling back, but Yoongi groaned and brought my hips toward him again so there was no space between our bodies.

"Yoongi, don't," I whispered. I was too overwhelmed. Too confused. I was worried I'd get hurt by him like I did in the past.

"Please..." he spoke lowly against my neck, then he kissed it and sent tingles across the skin. My eyes closed as he started trailing kisses from my neck to my collarbone. "Just let me kiss you this once." He slowly kissed back up my neck, then along my jawline, growing dangerously close to my lips. "I won't take it as any kind of promise from you until you tell me yourself that you want to be with me."

Without letting myself think anymore,l and allowing a rush of desire to overtake me, I nodded.

Yoongi's eyes darkened as he met my gaze. He slowly brought one of his hands behind my neck and wove his fingers through my hair. My eyes went to his mouth as he licked the corner of his lips. Then he gently pulled on my hair so that my face tilted upward, and he hovered his mouth over mine teasingly.

Growing impatient, I finally grabbed his shirt and leaned forward, capturing his lips with my own. He responded, moving his mouth against mine. The kiss was slower than expected, but still full of passion. Our lips molded together perfectly, and he was savoring each and every second of it. He moved backwards without breaking the kiss, and soon he was sitting on the table and pulling me onto his lap. The kiss got more heated, and at some point my hands removed his hat in order to play with his hair. After our tongues began exploring each other's mouths, he pulled back.

As both of us caught our breath, I looked at him and noticed a strange emotion in his eyes. It only lasted for a second though, and then a small smile crossed his face as he stared back at me.

"I hope that's the first of many," he said before leaning forward and pecking my lips once more.

"We'll see about that, Captain," I teased.

He grinned. "Hey, you're not allowed to call me that anymore. If I hear you say it one more time, I'll have to throw you overboard."

"Then I guess you'll never get those other kisses you were hoping for..." I trailed off, then teasingly stepped away from him.

He laughed. "Damn, I guess I'll just have to get them all in now before I have to get rid of you."

He stalked after me and I continued backing up, a smile wide on my face. Right as he got close, I tried running past him, but he caught me by the waist and pulled me back against him. I laughed as he kissed my shoulder, then he let me go so I could turn around and face him.