Chapter 10- Confused

Start from the beginning

"What? I thought we were okay."

"Shh. I'm supposed to be mad at you," I said quietly so Bella couldn't hear us. "Don't talk to me!"

Owen suddenly realized what I was doing and played right along. "Baby, I just want touch you!"

I almost died of embarrassment when he said that, especially since Rocky and Halley walked right past us- humor was written on their faces. "Gross! Go grope someone your own size!" I screamed as I tried to hold back laughter. I bit my tongue to stop myself.

"Meet me at the fountain in five minutes," Owen whispered. "Ivy, I'll be back for you! And don't you forget how hard I was! If you know what mean," he said with a wink.

He did not just say that!

I pretended to storm back to Bella with a cross expression. "What a jerk," she said. I nodded. "Ivy, don't let him get you down. Jocks like that only want sex. They have no brains."

"Uh huh," I wiped a 'tear' off my face. "I just wish he wasn't so frank about it."

"Well, you don't have to do this alone. I, Bella-Rose Ann, your best friend, will always be here for you, no matter what,that bitchy Chloe says."

"Aw, thanks, Bella. This is why I love you!" I said giving her a bear hug. She laughed squeezed me right back. "Me too." Ah, best friends. "Bella, I left my notebook in my locker. I have to go get it. I'll talk to you later because I don't want you to miss your bus. Now go!" I yelled, albeit good-natured.

"'Kay, bye."

When I arrived at the fountain, Owen was standing there as expected. He was tossing his car keys up and down. Up and down. When he saw me, he gave me a stellar smile. "This way, good lady." I blushed profusely.

I have no idea where I got my confidence or when I even got it, but I pushed him playfully. "Ah, you want to have fun? Let's save that for my room, where no peeping eyes are around," he said with a wink. I looked away.

I love how he says things so clearly, my conscience informed. And you know you like it too. You like hiiiiim.

We stropped in front of his sexy black Audi where he opened the passenger door for me, like a gentleman. "Thank you."

"You're quite welcome my dear," he said in a purposely deep voice.

Again I stared at his house in awe when we got there. It's too amazing not to stare at. "Are you a millionaire?" I asked. He laughed.

"Not quite."

"So then why do you live in a mansion?"

"Uh... Family business," he replied. Family business, my butt. His family is definitely millionaires.

"Why are there a bazillion cars parked in front of your house? There are probably ten less than when I came to your party!"

"Family business," he replied again.

"Oh."

Oh, that doesn't really answer the question!

Inside, Owen introduced me to his mom. She is a beautiful woman who hardly looks a day over thirty. Long brown hair cascaded down her back in soft waves. Waves similar to Owen's, except his were black. Her light green eyes looked unreal from a distance, but up close you could tell they were real because of the golden flakes in them. She wasn't as tall as Owen, but I could tell she was just as strong as him. She was beautiful, really.

In Owen's room we discussed many things about the project. I found it to be quite boring, but the alternative was kissing Owen, and that didn't seem appropriate. At one point I had to go to the bathroom so I went in the one adjacent to his room. When I finished my business, I exited the bathroom quietly. I saw Owen changing his shirt. I could only see his side, but even then I could tell the bulging boulders on his stomach were abs. Rocky has nothing on Owen's muscles. As he raised his arms over his head, I saw every muscle on his arms and back flex. Yummy.