Mr. Jones- FP Jones (2)

Part Two! Enjoy.

~

Third Person POV

"You're in love with her, aren't you?" FP choked on his milkshake, staring wide eyed at his son sat across from him. Jug tilted his head back toward the direction Y/N walked off in Pop's, moving around to help other customers.

"Why are you asking me that? She's one of your best friends!" FP still couldn't wrap his head around the sudden change in topic.

"She's always with you. You two are always talking. Hell, she knows everything about you, Dad! I'm sure she knows stuff even I don't know. And I know you even told her about the Peabody situation." Jug stated. His father never discussed himself, and gang business especially, with anyone ever. "And you know everything about her. You see her in a way that we don't. It's become so easy for you to read her, because she lets you." FP was speechless. He thought Y/N and himself played it off well enough for no questions to be raised.

"I don't know what to say." He paused, deep in thought about his next few words. "And if I am?" He asked hesitantly. Jughead responded immediately.

"Don't tell her." It was so easy for him to say, and FP was a little hurt.

"I understand there's an age gap there, but it's not like it's illegal, Jug. What I feel for her... it's different. It's easy and natural, and I'm feeling things I never thought I could feel again. We aren't even together yet she makes me feel supported and cared for and important, and alive, Jughead." FP pleaded. Months had passed since their first meeting. He found himself wanting more and more every day to tell her how he felt and hoped and longed for something to actually happen between them. He was growing tired of dancing around it.

"I'm happy you've found someone that makes you happy and makes you feel those things, Dad." That surely wasn't an response he was expecting and he looked at his boy confused. "But she's young. And no, I'm not saying the age difference would ever be a bad thing. But it means that she hasn't experienced life yet, she's still building plans for after high school. Don't think I haven't noticed the change you two have had on each other. Hell, I think she's been great for you. You haven't drank even a sip of alcohol since you met her, you smile more and more every day, you're happy. She's happy, I've never seen a girl so happy." Jug sighed and shook his head. "You love her, I can tell you do. And I see she loves you too, she loves you so much, Dad."

"Then why shouldn't I tell her, Jug? Things could be even better than they are now. We could have a happy life together if we just tried! Why can't I give it a shot?" FP didn't understand where his son was coming from. He was telling him not to confess his feelings one minute, and then saying how great Y/N is for him the next. He couldn't catch up.

"Because she'll drop everything for you in a fucking heartbeat, Dad!" He whisper yelled, keeping in mind that the topic of their conversation was in the same room, happily conversing with an elderly couple at the counter.

"Why is that a bad thing? I'd do the same for her."

"Yes, I know that. My point is she shouldn't have to right now, Dad. She has these dreams and plans, and the moment you tell her you love her, all of her dreams would become about you. And yeah, you could have a great life together, but she'll miss out on so much. She'll give up everything to stay here in Riverdale with you." Realization hit FP like a semi. "You could have a life together full of happiness and love, I don't doubt that. I see how much she loves you and you love her. But it would hold her back. I'm not saying being with you would be a bad thing. I'm just saying she needs to experience her own paths first. She deserves a chance to follow through with her plans, work on herself and her career as an author like she wants to."