Mr. Jones- FP Jones (1)

*Age Gap*

Mr. Jones

FP's POV

Pop's was quiet, uncommon for the early evening hours here in Riverdale. Jug sat across from me in the booth, deep in conversation with Archie while Fred talked to me about the next upcoming project for his construction company. I listened loosely. Lately I've become increasingly bored. Same old faces in the same old places. Riverdale has calmed down after the capture of the Black Hood and life has been pretty quiet since.

"How's the novel coming, Jug?" Fred asked my son when his conversation with Archie died down.

"Real good, Mr. Andrews." Jug replied excitedly. His writing was one of the only things that seemed to brighten up his life, that and that Cooper girl that has him smitten.

"He's going places with that stuff, ya know." I added. I sipped my milkshake, Jug now explaining the intricacies of his novel to Fred. When the bell chimed above the door to Pop's, normally I wouldn't have looked up, but something compelled me to. Betty walked in with a young girl trailing behind her. She looked about nineteen. Probably a senior from their school. I was hypnotized. Her hair, her eyes, her curves, her smile, her lips, her laugh.

What has gotten into me?

The mystery beauty said something to Betty before disappearing into the back of the small diner.

Betty pulled up a chair to our booth and everyone said their hellos while I was lost in thought. She re-emerged, the sight before me surely the cause of my death. Her Pop's uniform fit her form in all the right places, her legs seemingly smooth, bare and endless. She stood behind the counter, making light conversation with the customers across from her. I did my best to tune back into the people around me.

"How are you, FP?" Betty's question helped.

"Better, sober. Glad I've got my son back."

"I'm happy for you, for Juggie." She smiled sweetly, Jug chuckled out of embarrassment being the topic of conversation.

"I'm glad I've come home, Dad. I know you and mom are done, I understand that. But maybe, eventually, Jelly will want to come visit, or even come home. We've just gotta stay on the path we're on." His eyes were filled with hope and I smiled slightly.

"Here you go, Betts." The new center of my attention approached the table, placing a shake and fries in front of Betty.

"You know me so well, Y/N, which is saying something cause you've only been here a month." Betty laughed and thanked the girl.

"What can I say, I'm just that great." The girl I now know as Y/N gave Betty a wink and giggled. The sound made my heart beat stutter.

"Oh, Y/N, this is Archie's dad, Fred. And that's Juggie's dad, FP." Betty introduced us. Y/N smiled, leaning slightly in front of me to shake Fred's hand. She smelled of lavender and honey and it was oh so sweet. Her hand held out to me, I clasped it gently. Her skin was soft and warm but her fingertips cold. I felt goosebumps rise on my skin beneath my leather jacket.

"I should get back to work. Nice to meet you, Mr. Andrews." Her sweet, mischievous eyes made contact with mine. "Mr. Jones." With a slight nod, she turned gracefully to attend the others in the diner. The way she said my name, calling me Mr. Jones, it riled something up inside me and I'd like to hear it over and over again. I didn't mind subtlety watching her walk away either.

"So who's she?" Fred questioned curiously.

"Oh, she's the new Sheriff's daughter. They just moved here a month ago after he took over for Mr. Keller. She's a senior, nineteen," So I was right. "but she started working with Betty and Jug on the Blue and Gold, and she shares the same free period as us." Archie explained.