Aftermath

Kira's P.O.V.:

I was in the monastery and Misako came through the door and handed me a letter that was addressed to us from Lloyd. There wasn't a return address on it, all it said on the front of the letter was 'To: Mom, Kira, and Ryder. From: Lloyd.' We both looked at each other.

"What do you think this means?" Misako asked me.

"Hopefully not what I think it does." I sighed. "He seemed really depressed after what happened this morning."

"Do you think he's ok?" She asked.

"I hope so." I frowned.

I opened the letter and read it. I was relieved that he was ok, or at least alive. It didn't say where he was, although I had a pretty good feeling that he was at my hideout in Hiroshi's Labyrinth. I could've been wrong, but it seemed logical because there wasn't anybody else who lived out there and he would have that time to be alone.

I wanted to go and check on him more than anything, but in his letter he asked me to look out after Ryder, and I plan to do just that. He said that he wasn't abandoning our family, and I believed him, but I wasn't sure what to tell Ryder.

I handed the letter back to Misako. She read it and looked up at me.

"He left?" She frowned.

"He seemed really upset this morning." I frowned. "He said something about going to Zane's so I'll call him to see if he knows anything."

"Good idea." She said.

"How do I tell Ryder?" I frowned. "He's been through so much already dealing with his mother, something like this could affect his psyche and cause him to become depressed."

"Well it says that Lloyd will come back after he sorts everything out." Misako said. "Maybe we could tell him Lloyd's on vacation or something."

"I don't feel comfortable lying to him." I frowned. "What if he doesn't come back?"

"What are you talking about?" Ryder walked into the kitchen.

Misako and I stared at each other. Neither one of us knew what to say. One thing I knew, I was not going to tell him that Lloyd tried to hit me. Even though it had to be against his will, it would be hard to explain that to a six year old, especially after everything he's gone through already.

"It's nothing you need to worry about bud." I assured him. "We're just talking about grown up stuff."

"Oh ok." He said. "Is my daddy home yet?"

"I'm sorry bud, he's not here right now, but he'll be back." I told him.

The biggest frown appeared on Ryder's face. "He isn't coming back, is he?"

"Of course he is Ryder." Misako told him. "He just needs some time to himself right now."

"Have I been bad?" He looked up at me with tears in his eyes.

"Oh Ryder, it's nothing you did." I pulled him into a hug. "Your father is just trying to protect you."

"Where is he?" He asked.