The Perfect Date

Lloyd's P.O.V.:

Well, today was the big day. I was going on my first date with Kira and I was pretty excited about it, but it was also my first time away from Ryder since the whole Harumi incident. Don't get me wrong, I knew Nya and Jay would take good care of him, and it made me more comfortable knowing that Cole and Seliel were going to be there too, but I didn't want to leave him without me.

I tried really hard not to be one of those overprotective fathers like Kai or Cole, but after everything that happened with Harumi, I didn't want to take any chances. I made calls to the prison at least twice a day making sure Harumi was still there, which she was, but if I knew anything about her, it's that she was a tricky one. I may have been going a little overboard, but I would do anything to protect my son.

I was at Nya's about to drop Ryder off. Cole, Seliel and Allison, along with Kai's kids, were already there, so Ryder was running around with them and Jax and Lily too.

"Thanks again for watching Ryder tonight." I told Nya.

"It's no problem Lloyd. Anytime." She smiled.

"Just remember to call me if there's any problems. Oh and Ryder's still a little sensitive about the whole thing so try not to mention it. And be sure you keep an eye on him at all times, and make sure you..."

"Lloyd, calm down." Jay stopped me. "Nya's an expert at this. She does this all the time."

"Yeah relax." Nya said. "I promise nothing's going to happen to Ryder on my watch."

"I know, I'm sorry." I sighed. "This is just the first time I've left him since I got him back and I guess I'm just not ready."

"First time father jitters. I've been there buddy." Cole patted me on the back.

Then I looked at the clock. "Oh no, I'm almost late to meet Kira!" I turned to my son. "Ryder, I have to go."

Then Ryder came up to me and gave me a hug. "Good luck Daddy. I love you."

"I love you too son." I smiled. "Be good ok?"

"I will." He nodded.

He gave me one more hug before he went to play with the other kids. Maybe I was being too overprotective of him.

"Lloyd, aren't you going to be late?" Seliel reminded me.

"Oh right." I remembered. "Thanks guys."

I was about to run out the door when Nya stopped me.

"Lloyd, hang on a second." Nya said. Then she licked her hand and ran it through my hair. "There. Now you're ready."

I rolled my eyes and headed outside. I formed my dragon and headed for the restaurant. I was really nervous.

I arrived at the restaurant and met Kira out front. She was wearing a long green dress and a black jacket. She looked amazing.

"Hi." Kira said.

"H-hi." I stuttered.

"I guess I know where Ryder got his stutter from." She giggled.