Outside Man: Part 2

Narrator's P.O.V.:

Ryder woke up in a small room with nothing but two cots inside it. Sitting on the cot next to him was another boy around Ryder's age staring at him.

"Where am I? Who are you?" He asked.

"My name's Matt." The boy answered. "It's been a long time since I had a roommate."

"A roommate?" Ryder was confused.

"Yeah, Mr. Akamu offered to give me a home after my parents passed." Matt frowned. "It's not the best but I didn't have another choice."

"I have to get out of here." Ryder stood up and realized that his arm was hurting bad. "Ow! That hurts!"

He held his arm and set down on the cot again. Matt took an old rag, walked over to Ryder and tied it around his arm.

"That feel better?" Matt asked.

"Yeah, thank you." He nodded. "I'm Ryder."

"Nice to meet you."

"You have to help me get out of here." Ryder begged. "I have to get back to my family."

"No one knows where we are and Mr. Akamu never let's me leave." Matt frowned. "There's no way for us to get out or for anyone else to find us."

"You'll see, my dad will find a way. He always does."

"Hey, when your dad finds you, do you think... he could take me with him?" Matt asked. "It's just that Mr. Akamu doesn't treat me the way he should and... it would be nice to be able to go outside for once."

"Oh yeah, we have plenty of room in the monastery. I'm sure my dad can take you home with us."

"If he can find us." Matt frowned.

"If I know my dad, he won't give up." Ryder smiled.

Lloyd's P.O.V.:

I stormed into Kryptarian and went to my dad and Harumi's cell. I bent the bars and stomped inside and pushed Harumi against the wall.

"Where is he? Tell me now!" I yelled.

"What are you talking about?" She played dumb.

"I know you put him up to this, tell me where he took Ryder right now!"

"Who took Ryder?" My dad asked.

"Her brother." I looked at her.

"What? An uncle can't spend quality time with his nephew?" Harumi smirked.

"What have you done with my grandson?" My dad stepped in.

"I didn't touch him, therefore I haven't broken any rules." She smiled. "Face it greenie, you've got nothing on me."

"I know you're the one behind this. He wouldn't have known about Ryder unless you said something." I didn't let up. "I swear if that kid is hurt you will be sorry!"

"He's tough, I raised him that way." She shrugged.

"Enough stalling, tell me where my son is! Now!" I was growing impatient.

"I don't know, I told him to take him anywhere he wanted."

"Why would you do that?" I asked.

"Because I suspected you would come here and get the truth out of me, so now you'll never find him."

I was about to attack her, but my father pulled me back.

"She's not worth the fight son." He told me.