Outside Man: Part 1

Kira's P.O.V.:

It was early in the morning and I clocked in for my shift. I wasn't expecting it to be busy until later because most of the patients sleep until noon, but my doctor was worried about me spending too much time on my feet, so they put me at the front desk until I could leave for maternity leave. It felt a little degrading, but in all honesty it was nice to relax for a change. Plus I was still helping people at least.

"Excuse me?" A man with brown hair and green eyes walked up to the counter.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"Yes I'm looking for someone. I think he was in a car accident."

"Ok what is the name?"

"Lloyd Garmadon." He said.

I was confused, but not surprised. Lloyd always got a lot of visitors and gifts every time he ends up in the hospital, which happens way more often than it should. When he came out of his coma people all over town donated money to help Lloyd and Ryder get back on their feet, and I think he's still living off some of it. He was the face of Ninjago City after all.

"I'm sorry but Lloyd checked out of the hospital a few days ago. He's expected to make a full recovery." I told him.

"Oh." The man frowned.

"May I ask why you were looking for him?"

"Oh I uhh... I'm such a big fan of Lloyd and I wanted to meet him, that's all."

"That's understandable, I know he is the best ninja, at least in my eyes." I smiled.

"Oh, are you friends with him?" He asked me.

"I'm Kira, his wife." I smiled.

"I'm Akamu." He introduced himself and looked at my stomach. "Oh wow, and you two are having a baby?"

"Yep, it's a baby girl." I smiled.

"Is it your first?" He asked.

"For me yes, but Lloyd has a son from another marriage."

"Oh yeah, I read about that. It's a miracle that kid pulled through."

"Yeah, but we're just happy we can start over now." I smiled.

"Oh sorry, I should let you get back to work. Nice talking to you."

"You too." I waved goodbye.

I usually don't talk to costumers about stuff like that, but Lloyd said that we shouldn't hide secrets from the public anymore. As long as Harumi stays in jail, it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway.

Later I finished my shift and went home and it was late so everyone was in bed already. I went back to my bedroom where Lloyd sitting on the bed. I was of course exhausted from work, but my work is never done.

"Hey." Lloyd smiled. "How was your day?"

"Exhausting." I put down my purse and set on the bed next to Lloyd. "But they did move me to the reception desk so it's a lot less time on my feet."

"Well that's good." Lloyd said.

"Something weird happened today though." I told him.

"Oh yeah?"

"This guy came in looking for you and when I told him you weren't there, he asked me a bunch of weird questions."

"About what?"

"About our baby and how we got together." I said. "He said his name was Akamu, does that ring a bell to you at all?"