Chapter 46

The Outside

Part Two

Chapter 46

Arc #5 - Judge Seto?!

"He's both."

Mayor Divennstorm paused for only a moment after. "I'm sorry. What?"

The judge hardly flinched. "Well, our friend, Tucker here has broken several rules of the town. Knowingly, he practiced dangerous magic that is blacklisted in this part of Minecraftia and knows how to wield a large amount of it. Therefore, a punishment should be given to uphold justice since he did break the rules." Wag explained. "However, Tucker has not committed an actual crime. Surely, it would be wrong to accuse him of such horrendous behaviors or treat him as a criminal."

Greaner gave a bit of a disappointed look at Wag's words. Seto shot a small glare at the man's rudeness and turned his attention back to Wag. "Then, what sort of punishment is he liable to?"

Wag shrugged. "Nothing harsh." He said, looking back to Tucker. "I think simply relocation is in order. And besides, I don't think you care much for this town by this point anyway, do you?" He asked.

"Forgive my brashness, but absolutely not." Tucker agreed heatedly. Tom nearby had to actively cover his mouth to stop from snickering.

"I would have never thought you'd like a place like this. I get that you Mianitees like rules, but this town is just too uptight." Tom commented. "Why are you even here?"

Tucker glanced over to him, tiredness in his eyes. "It was a place where I could practice magics without the stress of the clan. I was only going to stay here for maybe another six months or so."

"If you're here, does that mean the Mianite Clan doesn't have its champion defending it right now?" Tom asked, excited.

"Do you take me for an idiot?" Tucker responded heatedly. "Sonia is keeping things in check for me. Don't get any ideas!"

"I can take Sonia!" Tom boasted.

Tucker rolled his eyes. "Oh, right. I forgot to mention the priest is helping her too. I managed to convince him to stand in for me for a while." Suddenly, Tom deflated.

"I can't take him..." He muttered bitterly.

Sky raised an eyebrow. He never minded their bickering and looked back to Seto who still stood next to Wag. The healer spoke up. "What are the conditions then?" He asked.

Wag shrugged again, showing that the conditions - and the entire situation - weren't tedious. "Tucker Jericho will be set free of charges on the condition he relocates from this town within the week. Any property he leaves behind after the seven days will become property of the state. It's as simple as that." The man turned to the crowd watching. "The court is adjourned. Go back to being productive."

The audience, a little starstruck, took a long time to finally get moving and clear out of the seats. All Sky heard was the shuffling of feet and murmuring as he watched the people file out through the door in the back of the room. He looked back to Wag and Seto as they descended from the judge's platform to the floor. Wag waved his hand quickly and all his remaining barriers dropped, the red glass-like material disappearing. They approached Tom and Tucker, now standing side by side with no separator between them. Sky had the slightest suspicion that perhaps that wasn't a good idea.

Mitch and Jerome, tired of sitting around and seeing that things were clearing up, began to shift and sit up. They stopped lounging on each other and stood, inviting themselves to the conversation of the four in the middle of the room. Sky glanced at Jordan and his captain returned the look before Jordan gave a "sure" sort of face with pursed lips and raised eyebrows. Jordan stood up next, following the two best friends to the group. Sky slowly lifted from the Jury stand as well, making his way over and reaching the rest of them at the same time as Mayor Divvenstorm.