Chapter 23

The Outside

Part One

Chapter 23

Arc #3 - It Begins

When Sky opened the door to their meeting area and the room that had been his classroom for the past months, his teammates were shocked. Mitch and Jerome, being the spunky and main fighters of the group, noticed the golden blades and matching sword first.

"Since when did you have weapons?!" Mitch asked, standing up from sitting on the desk.

"Uh, since this morning?" Sky replied. "They were finished yesterday."

Jerome came into the conversation. "No fair! You're the first one to get weapons?!" He whined.

"Look at how cool they are though!" Mitch came over, gesturing to the curve of the blade.

"How hard was that to make?" Jordan asked from his seat, keeping collected.

Sky shrugged. "I didn't shape the blades but Stampy had to work at them when he was doing it."

"Is the necklace part of it?" Jerome asked.

The other raised his hand to the talisman, holding it in his fingers. "No, I usually just keep this under my shirt. The weapons are designed to match it."

"Cool."

"Do you guys know when you're getting your weapons?" Sky asked.

They all shook their heads. "I nearly forgot weapons were a thing. Ianite's been keeping me busy with a bunch of other things." Jordan explained.

"Same here," Jerome said. "I think Bac wants to torture me just a little bit more."

Mitch shrugged a bit, crossing his arms and leaning back on one foot. "Robin has mentioned it a few times." He said. "You know how his entire team was killed by skeletons?" The others nodded, telling Mitch to continue. "It's got this really big mental thing in his head. He's not much older than us, right? He's really struggling."

"Really?" Jordan inquired. "He seems so collected."

"And demanding..." Jerome added. Mitch gave a nod, giving his best friend that.

The brunette continued. "There's this fear of the bow in his head. I get it though. He's an archer, that's the weapon he's been trained to fight with, and his entire team was slaughtered by it."

"Sad..." Sky muttered.

The door creaked open, Sky, Jerome, and Mitch having to move out of the way. Seto came in, holding a rather large book in his arms that was open to only the first few pages. He must have started when he began walking over to the classroom. He didn't even look up as he walked in and Sky and Mitch had to part to either side of him to avoid getting run into. As Seto passed, Sky read the title of the book. 'Brewing: Volume XI' Sky was impressed. The generic schooling only required the students to read up to the fifth volume. For Seto to be reading the eleventh meant that he had been working, despite not paying attention in class.

"It looked like Merlin found a way to teach you," Jorden observed, also seeing the title of the book.

"Mhm." Seto quietly hummed in response, taking a seat in the desk chair next to him.

Jordan raised an eyebrow as Seto's eyes trailed across the bottom of the page before he flipped it over. The captain-in-training grinned. "Are you listening to me?"

"Mhm."

Jordan looked up to the other boys of the team. They slowly walked over as Jordan looked back at Seto. "How's your day been?"