Refusing To Acknowledge Zhang As Husband Part 4

"Zhiruo," Zhang Wuji finally said, "This matter has been burdening my heart for too long. Obviously, it was very difficult for me to make up my mind, until today ... I know now who my true love is."

"Who is it?" Zhou Zhiruo asked, Is it ... is it Miss Zhao?"

"That's right," Zhang Wuji replied, "Today, when I looked for her and could not find her, I wish I was dead. If I henceforth cannot see her again, I do not wish to live longer. When Xiao Zhao left me, I was extremely heart-broken. When my Biaomei died, I was even more grieved. You ... you came back like this, I was not only pained, but feeling deep regret as well. But, Zhiruo, I won't lie to you, if for the rest of my life I cannot see Miss Zhao anymore, I'd rather die. This is my deepest feeling, which I have never made known to anybody else." At first, all four women: Yin Li, Zhou Zhiruo, Xiao Zhao and Zhao Min were equal in Zhang Wuji's eyes. But as Zhao Min walked away from him today, he suddenly realized Zhao Min's true place in his heart; she was not on the same position as the other three women.

As Zhou Zhiruo heard him say so, she quietly said, "That day at Dadu, I saw you go to that small wine shop to meet her, I knew exactly where your heart really was. It was just wishful thinking in my heart; if you and I get married perhaps ... perhaps I can pull you back to love me. In all honesty ... really ... I know that is of course impossible."

Zhang Wuji said apologetically, "Zhiruo, toward you, I have always had respect

Zhang Wuji said apologetically, "Zhiruo, toward you, I have always had respect. Toward Yin Jia Biaomei [younger female cousin of Yin family], my heart will always be grateful. Toward Xiao Zhao, I have always had a soft spot in my heart for her. But toward Miss Zhao, actually ... actually I have an engraved-in-my-heart-carved-in-my-bones kind of love."

"Engraved-in-my-heart-carved-in-my-bones kind of love, engraved-in-my-heart-carved-in-my-bones kind of love," Zhou Zhiruo muttered. After pausing a moment, she said in low voice, "Wuji Gege ... my love to you is also engraved-in-my-heart-carved-in-my-bones kind of love. Don't you ... don't you know it?"

Zhang Wuji was extremely touched; grabbing her hand, he said in a tender voice, "Zhiruo, I know. What I do not know is how am I going to repay you for your great love in my lifetime. I ... I really have wronged you."

"You have not wronged me; you have always treated me very well, do you think I do not know it?" Zhou Zhiruo said. "Let me ask you this: Supposing Miss Zhao this time left you and not came back, you would not see her again forever; supposing she was killed by a wicked man, supposing she had a change of heart toward you, then you ... what would you do?"

Zhang Wuji's heart had been grieving for too long. As he heard her say those words, he could not bear it anymore. His dam broke and with a choking voice he said, "I ... I don't know! Whatever happens; to the heavens above or to the earth below, I must find her."

Zhou Zhiruo sighed and said, "She won't have a change of heart toward you. If you really want to find her; nothing could be easier."

Zhang Wuji was both surprised and delighted. "Where is she?" he stood up and said, "Zhiruo, tell me, quick!"