Casualties Of The Lion-Slaying Assembly Part 3

"Let's do this then," Qin Laowu said, "We take our separate ways; I deliver the invitation, you go back to the Temple to report to Shifu."

The surnamed Shou was afraid he might run into the enemies on the road; thereupon he did not answer immediately. Qin Laowu was angry, "Take your pick, then. Would you rather deliver the invitations? It is up to you."

The surnamed Shou contemplated the options in his mind. In the end he decided that returning to their mountain was safer; thereupon he said, "I will follow Qin Wuge's instruction; let me return to the mountain and give report to Shifu." Straightaway both of them turned around to leave.

Zhao Min moved slightly and groaned lightly twice. Qin and Shou two people were startled. Turning their heads around they saw Zhao Min were moving. This time they looked carefully and saw that she was a woman.

"Who is this woman?" Qin Laowu was surprised. He walked into the room. Although the one surnamed Shou was a coward, seeing that it was a woman, a seriously wounded woman, he gathered up his courage and followed in.

Qin Laowu reached down to pull Zhao Min's shoulder. Zhang Wuji coughed and sat up. He took a meditation position with his eyes half open. Qin and Shou two people were extremely shocked to see him suddenly sit up, with his face full of blood and a terrifying appearance.

"Not good!" the surnamed Shou cried out, "It's a zombie. This corpse ... this corpse is haunted by a ghost. Qin Wuge must ... must be careful." He hastily jumped on top of the bed.

"Bad zombie!" Qin Laowu called out, "The one surnamed Qin is not afraid of you." Lifting up his saber, he ferociously hacked it down on the top of Zhang Wuji's head.

Zhanh Wuji had been ready with two Sheng Huo Ling tablets in his hands. As soon as the saber hacked down, he raised his tablets and placed them on top of his head. 'Bang!' the saber hacked the Sheng Huo Ling and immediately bounced back and smashed Qin Laowu's brain that he died immediately.

The one surnamed Shou was holding a saber in his hand, but he was trembling all over; how could he dare to slash it on Zhang Wuji's body? Zhang Wuji was waiting for him to attack, so that his Jiu Yang Zhen Qi might strike him dead.

Zhao Min saw that the surnamed Shou was not moving for a long time; she was getting anxious, "This coward is scared out of his wits and does not dare to make his move. If he throws his saber away and run out, how can we stop him?" She saw his teeth were chattering, and then 'clank!' his saber fell down from his grip.

"Chop me if you dare," Zhang Wuji said, "Strike me with your fist."

"Xiao ... Xiao De [little/lowly one] don't have any guts," he replied, "Don't ... don't dare to fight Laoye [old master]."

"Kick me, then," Zhang Wuji said

The man replied, "Xiao De ... Xiao De do not dare even more."

"You are such a useless man [orig. 'nong2 bao1' – wrapping cloth of boiled wound], you'd better be dead," Zhang Wuji indignantly said, "Quickly chop me once or twice. If I see that your strength is not bad, I might spare your life."

"Yes, yes!" the man scrambled to pick up his saber. He took a glance on the wretched condition of the smashed skull of Qin Laowu, and thought that this zombie's magical power was superior, so it would be better for him to ask for mercy. Hence, he knelt down immediately and knocked his head on the floor, "Laoye have mercy! You have died an unjust death. It has nothing to do ... nothing to do with Xiao Ren [little/lowly man]. Please don't ... don't take revenge on Xiao Ren's life."

Listening to him addressing Zhang Wuji as a dead man, Zhao Min was angry. "Humph," she snorted, "I am surprised in the Wulin world there is this kind of peon with no future."