The Three Withered Pine Trees Sprouting Green Leaves Part 5

Zhang, Yang and Fan, three people usually fought their enemies barehanded. Today they were facing formidable opponents, so they could not hold on to their habit of not wielding any weapon. For these three people, they knew ten-thousand different techniques as well as one; for them, any weapons would do. Zhang Wuji asked this question just for the convenience of the other two.

"We'll follow Jiaozhu's instruction," Yang Xiao replied.

Zhang Wuji hesitated a moment; he thought, "Last night, the Twin Evils of Hejian were using short weapons to attack long ones; and they seemed to gain quite a few advantages from it." Thereupon he took the six tablets of Sheng Huo Ling from his bosom and handed over four of them to Yang Xiao and Fan Yao, while saying, "This time, we are going up the mountain to pay a visit to the Shaolin Temple, we do not dare to bring any weapons. This is our own Cult's treasure; let us just use these tablets then."

Yang and Fan two people bowed down and received the tablets. They were asking for further instructions when suddenly Kong Zhi shouted, "Ku Toutuo, we still have an unfinished business from the Wan An Temple; how can I let you go? Come, come, come! Let Lao Na ask for your advice first. Lao Na did not take the 'Shi Xiang Ruan Jin San' today; we are going to see our true power."

He had never forgotten the resentment of being held captive at the Wan An Temple; upon seeing Fan Yao today, he had tried his best to suppress his rage, but at this time he could not hold his patience any longer.

Fan Yao laughed dryly and said, "I [orig. zai4xia4] received Jiaozhu's order to ask instructions from the Three Eminent Monks. If Dashi wants to avenge the enmity of the former days, you'll have to wait until this matter is closed, then I will be able to accompany you."

From the hand of a Shaolin disciple standing next to him, Kong Zhi took a sword and shouted, "You are overestimating your own ability. You want to fight my three Shishu; if you don't die, you will be seriously injured and then I can't extract my revenge on you."

Fan Yao laughed, "If I die under your honorable Shishu's hand, won't that be the same?"

Kong Zhi laughed coldly, "Looks to me there is no other master in your Ming Cult. What can I say?"

How could the Ming Cult warriors not know that he was provoking them? But if they ignored his remarks, would not the Shaolin Pai look down on the Ming Cult? In terms of rank, Yin Tianzheng was right after Fan Yao. Zhang Wuji thought that his grandfather was old, it was inconvenient for him to ask Grandfather to fight. Therefore, he was thinking of asking his uncle [orig, Jiujiu – maternal uncle] Yin Yewang to take his father's place.

Yin Tianzheng took a step forward and said, "Jiaozhu, subordinate Yin Tianzheng is ready to accept instructions."

"Waigong is advanced in years, let me ask Uncle ..." Zhang Wuji said.

Yian Tianzheng cut him off, "I am old, but not as old as these Three Eminent Monks. Shaolin Pai can have their senior warriors; can't our Ming Cult have our own veteran?"

Zhang Wuji was aware that his grandfather's martial art skill was very deep; not beneath Yang Xiao or Fan Yao's, and a lot higher than his uncle's. If he joined this battle, their chance of victory was several degrees better. "All right," he said, "Fan You Shi can conserve your strength to accept instructions from Kong Zhi Shen Seng later. I am asking Grandfather to help me."

"I follow the order!" Yin Tianzheng replied, and took the Sheng Huo Ling tablets from Fan Yao's hands.

In a clear voice Abbot Kong Wen said, "Martial Uncles, this gentleman is Yin Lao Yingxiong [old hero Yin], Bai Mei Ying Wang [white-browed eagle king]. He is the founder of Tian Ying Jiao [heavenly eagle cult] of the former days, and its prestige was comparable to the Six major Sects. He is an extraordinary warrior. This gentleman is Mr. Yang; his inner and outer power has reached perfection. He is the Ming Cult's first class character. Numerous masters of Kunlun and Emei Pai have been defeated under his hands."