Chapter Fifteen

~Chapter Fifteen~

Sam takes me out to a local grilling place and I feel normal going in with him not wearing his cuts.
When we take our seat, a pretty blonde hands us a menu.
I can feel Sams eyes on me while I read through the menu.
'I think steak with mushroom sauce sound appealing' I nod at my menu, trying to get rid of the awkwardness.
'It's pretty good here' Sam tells me but I can tell he doesn't care about the food.
'I'm fine Sam, no one hurt us' I assure him.
'What happened?' He finally asks
'I was taken from the street and put in the back of a van, taken to that place blind folded and then shut into a room worse than a prison cell' I look up from the menu now 'They were all gentle with me Sam, no one wanted to hurt us'
'They would have' he says. 'if he didn't get what he wanted, he would have hurt you both'
'But he didn't' I remind him. I don't blame him for worrying, we were in danger but I honestly am fine and no harm came to me or the baby.
'Are you ready to order?' a waitress asks coming to stand beside the table.
'I'll have a steak with mushroom sauce please, a side dish of fries and could I get mayonnaise on them please?' I ask with a polite smile.
The woman stares at me wide eyes before her eyes flicker to my stomach and then she begins to write my order down with a small smile.
She turns to Sam and looks at him expectantly. 'Just the T-bone steak thanks with a side of vegetables'
'And beverages?'
'7up for me please' I smile.
'Dr pepper' Sam replies.
'I'll be back momentarily with your drinks' she smiles and walks away.
'Mayonnaise on your fries?' Sam asks woth raised eye brows.
'I really want it' I shrug. He smirks and shakes his head. He shouldnt be surprised by my cravings.
'I'm sorry' Sam says after a few moments silence.
'This isn't your fault Sam' I tell him 'It could have been anyone you knew'
'I'm talking about everything Scarlett' he sighs. 'I've been distant and I apologise for that and it wasn't the best thing to happen to you or us'
'Why?' I ask. 'why have you been distant and ignoring me?'
He stares at me a while as the waitress places the drinks in front of us.
'I don't want to put you in any more danger than you're already in. I thought if I put some distance then you won't feel like you're in my world'
'Sam' I sigh 'I am in your world, nothing is going to pull me out of your world'
'I know this now' he replies. I don't believe that's the real reason but I won't push him on it.
I feel as though I should talk to him about how I feel but I also feel right now isn't the time and seems as though that every time I want to talk to him, something comes up and the time is ruined.
'You ok?'
I blink. 'Huh?' I ask before realising I had been off in my own world 'oh, yeah, just hungry' I fake a smile and he sees right through it.
'I am positive that frown and deep thinking was not about a piece of steak' he laughs and then gets serious again 'What is it?'
'It doesn't matter' I shake my head. I didnt want to ruin my steak appetite.
'Yes it does' he frowns 'Tell me what's wrong'
'Sam, honestly, it's fine' I smile.
The waitress coming back with the food saves me from having to answer any more questions.

~~~~~~

Procrastination. That's what I like doing. I can't bring up the courage to tell him or talk to him.
After dinner last night, we went back to the club house and I ended up falling asleep.
I woke up this morning and I already knew Sam had slept in next to me. I made a coffee in the club kitchen and put some toast on.
'Sleep alright?' Sam asks from behind me.
'I did' I nod, turning to look at him as I pour the coffee into my mug.
'Oh fuck, shit' I curse as I feel boiling heat splashing my hand. I release my hold of the coffee cup and put the coffee pot on the bench while I shake my burning hand around like a spastic.
'Are you ok?' Sams at me in no time, taking my hand gently and pulling me to the sink.
'I feel like a dick' I mutter as he holds my hand under the water. The water does feel better but at the same time it hurts more.
'You have to be careful' Sam laughs. I look down at the broken mug on the floor and wince.
'Sorry about the mug, I'll buy another' I say.
'Don't worry about it'
'What happened?' Holly rushes in, pure panic on her face.
'I burnt myself' I reply, my face flaming at the embarrassment.
'Shit, are you alright? What smashed?'
'The coffee mug' I wince.
'She will be fine' Sam tells his sister. 'Can you clean the cup up for me? Don't want broken bits getting stuck in her foot'
'Sure' Holly doesn't hesitate to rush to the cupboard for a broom.
'I think I'll be fine' I tell Sam as I gently take my hand from his.
'You need to leave it under for fifteen minutes so it doesn't blister' Sam takes it back and pulls it back under the water.
'Ok but honestly, you don't have to hold my hand under' I laugh.
'You would have been gone by now if I wasn't holding your hand under' he replies.
'Sammy boy' Jacob comes into the kitchen. 'You right mama?'
'I'm fine, just a bit of a coffee burn' I tell him.
'Keep it under water, I'll be back later' Sam tells me. I nod and he kisses my cheek before leaving with Jacob.
Once I hear the bikes start up, i take my hand out of the water and gently dab it dry.
'So, you haven't talked to him?' Holly asks. I shake my head.
'I'm too scared too' I sigh 'Plus, now probably isn't the right time'
'You should probably do it later, like as in later today'
'Why?' I frown.
'Because tomorrow is Ricos party' Holly points out. I nod and think about it before I finally make myself a coffee that I don't pour on myself.
'I'll get you some cream for that hand' Holly tells me.
I know she's right, I really need to talk to him and let him know what I feel for him but should I have to tell him? Shouldn't he know it? Everyone else does.
'Hey sweets, you ok? Holly just told me about your hand'
'Yeah I'm fine' I smile at my best friend.
'How's my baby girl cooking?' she grins rubbing my swollen stomach.
'She is cooking just fine' I laugh. 'Have an appointment next week I think'
'Wicked' she smiles 'I so can not wait for her to be born'
'Me either' I say with a smile. 'I am so excited to meet her'
'We all are' Brandi laughs. 'Want to come shopping today?' she asks as Holly comes back.
I put my coffee on the bench and take the cream.
'I'm not sure I want to go anywhere' I say nervously.
I apply the cream gently to my hand. 'Oh' Brandi says a little guilty 'Sorry'
'It's fine, it's not like I'll be kidnapped again, just a little scared, that's all'
'Scarlett' I look to the door and one of the prospects are standing there a little worried. 'There's a couple here looking for you'
I frown and follow him out to where a couple stood looking around nervously.
'This is the life you've chosen to live?' the man snaps at me.
'Mom, Dad, what are you doing here?'