Chapter One

~Chapter One~
'I don't understand' I say with a frown as the information is trying to process.
'Scarlet, you are pregnant' the doctor tells me for the third time. I knew what she was telling me but my brain jusy couldn't process it. 'Do you wish to keep this baby Scarlet?'
'Of course' i snap 'I'm not going to kill it'
'Ok' She nods 'I will print off a referral to gynocologist and get you all booked in for a scan to see how far you are and give you an estimate date of delivery' She says to me, tapping away at her computer.
Her printer starts to do its magic and seconds later she is signing the bottom and handing it to me.
'Call them and make an appointment for a scan' the doctor smiles. 'I want you to get prenatal vitamins and start taking them so your baby will be healthy and get what it needs' she says writing on a piece of paper.
I take the paper and leave the office as my brain still processes this.
Shit, im pregnant! How could I be pregnant? I'm twenty one years old, my life is only just starting. I didn't bring a child into the world. Not yet.

~~~~~~~

'You're really pregnant?' my room mate slash best friend asks, her eye brows raised as if she didnt believe me.
'Yep' I sigh sitting beside her at the table.
'Shit' she breathes 'So what's the deal? you aren't going to.. you know?' She gave a look that imploed the abortion.
'I'm keeping the baby Brandi' I tell her. 'I have to call and make an apppintment for a scan and get pregnancy vitamins' I sigh.
'Alright, are you going to tell the father?' Brandi asks.
'I don't know' my mind wanders to Sam, the last person I had sex with which was a month and a half ago. 'Should I?' i ask. I know it's the right thing to do but do I want this child to grow up that life? In their fathers life? I know how bikers are, it's dangerous and scary.
'You should' Brandi nods 'He has a right to know' I never told Brandi that Sam was a biker but i knew she was right.
'After the ultra sound' i tell myself more than Brandi 'When I know what's going on, I will go see him and tell him' I nod.
'Scarlet, you know I am here for you, even if he decides to be a dad, I will be here' I smile to my best friend and stare out the window. 'Now go book a scan' she laughs, i could hear the excitment in her voice.
I laugh and head off to call a gynaecologist. I make an appointment for the Monday since it's Friday today and theres no available appointments.
'So, my birthday drinks won't involve you' Brandi sighs as she realises that i cant drink anymore.
'I'm still coming, I just won't drink' I tell her with a shrug.
'Wow, you're having a baby' Brandi smiles.
'I know' I whisper. It still doesn't feel real.
I had taken a test last week when i realised i was late and it was positive but I told myself it was faulty. I took another test three days ago and when it still said positive, I went to the doctor and she sent me for blood tests. I went back today and she confirmed it.
It's still shocking that right now, a tiny little baby is growing inside of me.
'Will you come to the doctor with me Monday?' I ask as my hand gently rubs my lower stomach where i guessed the baby would be.
'Well duh!' She rolls her eyes 'I would have followed you of you told me no' she says and I know she's serious.
I smile and then go over and hug her. 'Thank you'
'You going to tell your parents?' Brandi asks, a winced look to her face.
I sigh and shoot her a look. I haven't talked to my parents since they kicked me out two years ago.
'I don't know. Maybe when I'm further along, I just want us to know right now' I say.
'Ok well I will play daddy to this baby, even if Sam decides to be involved I am still daddy first' Brandi tells me making me laugh.
Though it doesn't feel real. I know it is. I feel more bloated even though my stomach is still flat. My stomach feels heavier and my boobs... oh the tenderness of my boobs. The hot water of the shower hurts my poor breasts and my nipples are soooooo sensitive, it's not even funny.
'I love you Brandi' I tell my best friend.
'And I love you and this little jelly bean in your uterus' she smiles.

~~~~~~
I spent most of my weekend googling pregnancy things. Like how the baby grows and the three trimesters. Trimester one is up to week 12, trimester two is from week 13 to 24 and trimester three is from week 25 to 40 which is when your baby will be roughly due.
I found so much cool stuff out and Brandi went eBay looking and found heaps of cute things which made me fall in love with this little blob already.
'Ready?' Brandi asks standing at my desk.
'Yep' I smile. 'I am so ready to empty this full bladder of mine' I stand from my desk as let my boss know Im taking lunch and may be late back.
We get in my car and then I drive us to the clinic. Brandi works with me at the lawyers and though we aren't actual proper lawyers, we mainly do filing and stuff.
We get to the doctor and I give my details, fill out a form and then we wait.
We only wait for five minutes before a woman comes from her office with a friendly smile and a clip board in hand.
'Scarlet Winters?' I nod and Brandi and I stand. 'Do have a full bladder ma'am?' She asks me.
'Full as can be' I tell her.
'That's great, I'll make this quick so you aren't too uncomfortable. My name is Dr Anna, I will be your gyno for this pregnancy, lets go have a look at your stomach'
Brandi and I go into a small room where a bed is situation and some crazy alien computer thing.
'Lay on your back for me please Scarlet and lift your shirt above your belly button' I do as I'm told and she grabs some paper towel and tucks it into the top of my trousers, pulling them down slightly so that my pubic area is just visible.
'This is going to be warm' Dr Anna tells me.
She puts some gel on this handle type thing and then she presses it to my abdomen, gentle at first, spreading it across my abdomen and then the pressure is more forced.
'Is the dad in the picture?' Dr Anna asks making conversation
'He doesn't know yet' I confess awkwardly.
'Look' I follow her finger and look at the screen where i see a little sack and a little white pulsating thing. 'That white part is your babies heart beat. Looks like you're seven weeks'
I stare at the screen and it makes everything real. Tears price my eyes and then Brandi speaks.
'I love your baby already' she was crying.
'Me too' I smile, my eyes not leaving the screen.
'I will print out a picture' Dr Anna does some weird thing with the computer and out the bottom a photo comes out llike a polaroid.
She hands it to me and then wipes my stomach from the gel.
'You can go empty your bladder now, there's a toilet just through that door' I get up and run to the toilet before my bladder explodes.
Once finished I head back out and take a seat at her desk next to Brandi.
'Make an appointment for five weeks time and we will make sure baby is measuring right and we also do this scan to check for Down syndrome' Dr Anna says.
We make the next appointment and then get back in my car. Brandi holds the photo and smiles at it.
'I have to tell him' I sigh but i already knew that i was going to tell Sam.
'Do you know where to find him?' Brandi asks me. With a sigh, I nod and start the car.
I drive us to the biker club where he is situated and Brandi screams at me 'What the hell are we doing here?'
'Sam is in this Motorcycle club Brandi, I didn't tell you because I didn't think it mattered' I tell her.
I can see people looking at the car but I ignore them.
'Well it does matter' Brandi says matter fo factly.
'I know it does now' I agree 'but I can't deny him the right to his child, that's just cruel' I explain.
'Want me to come in with you?' Brandi asks dropping her outrage knowing im right.
'I need to talk to him alone' I say and get out of the club.
'Sure it's a hottie' I hear someone say in a gasp. They're all staring at me with vests on but I don't see Sam.
I see a few girls giving me an evil eye and one guy steps in front of me.
'Can we help you?' He was intimidating.
'I..' i stutter 'I'm looking for Sam, it's important' I say more confidently.
'Are you authority?' he questions through narrow eyes.
'He's not in trouble' I narrow my eyes back 'Is he here or not?' I ask impatiently.
'No' he responds the same time I hear 'Scarlet?' I see Sam coming from the club house and I shoot this guy a glare.
I brush past him and walk right up to Sam.
'We need to talk' he nods, confusion etched on his face and leads me into the club and into an office.
Here goes nothing...