Chapter Two

~Chapter Two~
'You're kidding right?' Sam says. He doesn't believe me. I can tell by his posture, the look he was giving me.
'Look, you can believe what ever you want Sam but you were the last person I slept with. You can be in your child's life or not, your choice but I figured you had a right to know' I tell him.
I throw my business card on the table 'I have to go back to work, call me if you decide you want this kid in your life' I walk out the door and when i get back to my car to see Brandi flirting with a guy.
'Scarlet, this is Butch' Brandi says. A flirtatious smile on her face.
'That's nice' i couldn't even pretend to care 'We have work to do" I say and climb into my car.
I start it up and Brandi hops in. 'How did it go?' She asks gently and quietly.
'He didn't believe me but I left the business card for him, if he decides he wants to be a father to this baby then he can call' I say pulling out of the club car park.
'Yeah well, he's a dick if he doesn't call'
'His choice B' I shrug.

~~~~~~~

It's been two weeks and still no phone call from Sam. I have no clue why I am disappointed, it's not like I actually thought he would step up but i guess the hope of him calling was always there.
'Birthday drinks in an hour' Brandi squeals in excitement as she bounces into the apartment.
'I will go shower in a minute' I laugh.
'I can't wait till you get a cute little bump' Brandi says coming to kiss my still flat stomach.
'Brandi' I laugh pushing her away.
She steps away from my stomach and grins at me. I head off to the bathroom and run a quick shower before getting dressed into a nice pair of jeans and a nice shirt. I blow dry my hair and leave the loose ringlets as they are. I apply a light layer of make up and then head back out and slip my black flats on.
'People are going to wonder why you aren't drinking' Brandi tells me after she's showered and got herself dressed in a cute little black dress that came mid thigh.
'I'll tell them I'm des' I shrug.
We head out and meet a few girls and a few guys at the club.
'Happy birthday' I hear from them all and then a million 'Thank yous' from Brandi.
'Hey Scarlet, how have you been?' I look up to see Travis standing there, beer in hand.
'I'm alright, works hectic but it's good' I reply. 'How about you?'
'Yeah, yeah, I'm good. You having a drink?' He asks.
'Not tonight, I'm des and have an early morning tomorrow' I lie.
'One won't hurt' he urges. Yes it will! I wanted to say.
'Maybe another time, I'm not feeling it tonight' I lie again, scrunching my nose up. I wanted nothing more than to throw shots back but I have another person to think of now.
'Alright, I'll let you off' he laughs. 'But you have to save me a dance' I laugh and nod to him.
I don't really want to dance with him so i hope he forgets or passes out before i leave.
Travis was quite an attractive guy, blonde curls, blue eyes, sun tan, I bet he has a six pack and he's got some muscle.
What's not to like right? Hes slutty and cocky and thats definitely not attractive.
'Sure there are other biker gangs in here' Brandi whispers to me, she was flushed and i could tell she had been dancing.
Discretely, I look around the bar and see another group of bikers as well as a few from Sams crew.
I notice one of them looking at me and I keep my eyes moving.
'Think Sam will turn up?' Brandi asks 'or even Butch?' She sounded hopeful then.
'I don't know B, maybe. I hope not though' I tell her.
'Anything I can get you pretty lady?' the bar tender asks me.
'Just a water thanks, I'm being des tonight so no alcohol' I smile.
'Nice going' he nods, pouring a glass of water. We go and sit down at a table and I sip on my water.
'Come dance?' some guy asks Brandi.
'Sure' she smiles flirtatiously at him and then sends me a wink and leaves.
After a few hours, I begin to get really bored and I notice that Sams crew has been watching me all night. It's making me paranoid.
I look over to them and one is on the phone, agreeing to who ever on the other line.
'Alright, no problem' I see him say. I'm glad I can read lips sometimes.
'Enjoying yourself?' I jump and turn to see Sam sitting opposite me with another guy standing at the table, looking around like a body guard would.
'I am' I lie. He takes my water and sniffs it 'It's only water Sam, what is your problem?' I frown taking my water back.
'Why are you here?' he asks bluntly.
'I am celebrating my best friends birthday, why do you even care?' I was getting annoyed now.
'Go home' he tells me seriously. Now, i am getting pissed. What right does he have?
'No, I am taking Brandi home when she's ready' I growl, standing my ground.
'Don't make a scene Scarlet' he warns. What right does he have to be mad?
'Everything ok?' Travis asks glaring at Sam.
'We are leaving' Sam says standing.
'Are you ok Scar?' Travis asks
'Who the hell are you anyway?' Sam snaps moving between Travis and I. Travis steps forward and I stand.
'Travis, don't be a hero. I'm fine' I say saving his ass and then look to Sam 'I have to tell Brandi that I am leaving' I don't wait for his reply, I make my way through the crowed, Sams body guard following me.
'Brandi' I tap her shoulder and she turns and hugs me. 'I have to go' I tell her. She looks at the guy behind me and nods
'Will you be home?' she asks. I nod my head 'Text me if you don't come home' I nod, kiss her cheek and then leave.
'Tommy will take your car' Sam tells me as we get out onto the street.
'What? I am driving my car, I'm not an invalid'
'It's not safe with drunk drivers' Sam growls.
'I'm pregnant not disabled Sam' I growl back. He pulls my keys from my bag and tosses to them to Tommy like i hadnt even spoken.
He drag me to his car and helps me in while it glare my hardest at him.
'You shouldn't be in a club Scarlet' he says as he drives away.
'You shouldn't be telling me what todo Sam' i snap from the passenger seat, arms crossed over my chest, eyes in front.
'When you are carrying my kid, I have every right'
'So it's your kid now?' I scoff
'I don't know is it?' he asks me. 'Who says you didn't go to a club and get wasted again and not remember a thing'
'Wow' I say i  disgust 'You are the biggest fuck head' I snap. 'You know just as much as I do that this kid is yours. Even if I don't remember making it' I want to cry but I refuse. I will not let him see me cry.
'How far along are you?' He asks more gently, like we weren't just arguing.
'Nine weeks now' I reply stiffly 'I had a scan two weeks ago if you want to see the picture'
'When we get back to the club house' he says and i snap my head in his direction.
'Can't I just go home?' I ask him almost pleading.
'No, I want you at the club house where we can talk about this' Sam replies.
'Yes boss' I mutter giving a mock salute 'I hope you know that you can not run my life just because we share a child'
'I will do what I have to to keep you and my child safe' he tells me.
I don't respond to him and the drive is silent for the rest of the trip.
We get to the club house and Sam leads me through the naked woman, cigarette smoke and drunken men to a room where he locks the door behind us.
'What are we talking about?' I ask.
'Take a seat' he orders. I look at the unmade bed and raise my eye brows.
'No thanks, I might catch something'
'I guarantee you wont, they're clean sheets, put on yesterday' reluctantly, I sit on the bed.
'Can I see the picture?' I dig into my hand bag and pull the photo out and hand it to him.
'That white part in the middle is the baby's heart' I say.
'It doesn't look like a baby' he says looking confused as he turns the picture in different ways 'is everything ok?'
I laugh at him.
'Everything is fine, the baby isn't a baby yet.' I explain  'My next scan will be a baby though'
'When is it?'
'Three weeks'
'Can I come?' He asks. I stare at him for a while before I get over the shock and nod my head.
'I want to be in this kids life and I know it's not the ideal life for a child but I can't ignore this. I don't want a relationship, I'm not asking for that but I do want regular updates and visits when you get fat' he tells me.
'You mean when I get a belly filled with a child?' I ask insulted.
'Yeah' he nods
'Can't you visit me? I don't want to come here constantly if they're all going to be doing that' i wave my hands toward the door
'They only do this of a night' Sam assures me. 'I guess I can check on you time from time but don't just drop by without calling or texting'
'I don't care if you have other chicks here' of was worried about me caring about him with other girls then he doesnt have to. I dont.
'It's not that' he shakes his head 'it's in case we aren't here or trouble is here. I don't want anything to happen to our baby'
'Oh...' I look around the room and it looks like a teen angers room 'How old are you?' Fear grips me thinking at the possibility that hes like sixteen.
'Twenty eight' my eyes widen 'How old are you?' he asks worriedly
'Twenty one' I say
'It's only seven years and is not like we're getting married' he scoffs.
'That's true' I say. I guess seven years isn't that bad. My mom is six years younger than my dad and they're fine I guess.. They won't be happy when they know the father of my baby isn't my partner and that he is in a biker club.
The VP of a biker club to be exact.
'Are you hungry? Don't you people like get really hungry? Crave food?' he asks. Is he for real?
'Did you really just class pregnant women as a different species?' I growl.
'Moody' he says lowly to himself but before i can say anything or snap 'That's not what I meant Scarlet' he sighs.
'Yes I am hungry, something greasy will be fine' I respond coldly.
'Is that good for you and the baby?'
'Sam, I just want greasy food. Worst it will so is give me a fat ass'
'You need some fat on your ass' he says with a cocky smirk opening the door and walking out.
Jerk face!
He comes back fifteen minutes later with a bottle of water and a plate with greasy fries and a greasy hamburger that makes my mouth water.
'This is so going to my ass' I say as he hands me the plate and the water bottle.
'You can stay here of you want or I can take you home when you've eaten'
'Home sounds better' I say before taking a bite from the burger.
Sam watches me eat and I'm not sure what his expression is. It looks like worry and horror as I demolish the burger and the fries.
I ignore his look and stand up, indicating i am ready to go.
'You know, I can drive myself home' I tell him as we get back out side.
'I know, but it's late and I don't want you to fall asleep and crash' he tells me helping me into the car.
'What ever' I sigh.
He drives me home, Tommy following in my car. 'Thanks I guess' I didnt know what else to say.
'I'm keeping the picture by the way' he tells me holding it up. I just nod, too tired to argue.
'I'll see you around then?' It was more of a question.
'I won't be in town for a few days but I'll call you when I come back' he tells me as I climb out of the vehicle.
'Ok, good night Sam. Thanks Tommy' I say. I head into my apartment and go right for bed after discarding my jeans.
I fall into dreamless sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. Food comas are amazing.