Chapter Twenty-One

~Chapter Twenty-One~

I still have no idea what I'm going to do and Sam knows something is up. I can't keep blaming hormones and today is the dead line.
I have to do something today or else something bad will happen and i can't live with myself if something where to happen to the club.
They had all left me home alone an hour ago and in that time I've packed Neika and i some things. The important things.
With a sigh i grab our bags and load them into the car before putting my daughter in.
When i get into the car the nerves start and the butterflies erupt in my stomach. I had left a note just in case i did decide to do what that man had said and run.
I am positive i have a tracking device in my phone so i know they will find me and i want them to.
I drive around the city for a few minutes before going to park at the park. I don't get out, I sit there and watch other families playing and smiling and it breaks my heart.
I love Sam and he knows this, I can't just take his daughter away no matter how much I dislike the life, he doesn't deserve it and neither does Aneika.
Tears roll down my face as I make my decision. I remember Sam saying they had a cabin of some sort a few towns over for protection and stuff and I'm positive I remember the direction he had given over the phone to a friend.

~~~~~~

Two hours and a million phone calls later, I make it to the cabin. The butterflies and nerves haven't eased any but surely if they realize I'm at the cabin they will know I'm there for  a reason, for protection.
I go in and I'm not surprised when I find someone from the club there. They were a different charter but still the same club.
'Sams been calling around about you' he tells me. He's young, probably early twenties and I can tell already he is about to call Sam and tell him I'm here.
'I figured' I nod. 'Can you not tell him please, I'm here for a reason and I have a tracking bug in my phone, he will be here in a few hours' I plead.
'If you tell me what that reason is' he bargains as he crosses his arms over his chest.
I chew on my bottom lip, debating whether I should tell this guy or not. The words of that psycho ran through my head and I shake my head. I couldn't risk my baby's life on a whim that he hasn't bugged this place.
'I can't, not until I know we're protected'
'Scarlett,  what's going on? Why do you need protection? Who from?' This guy sounded worried now and I don't blame him, he should be.
'When Sam gets here can you please tell him that I had to do it and I will explain as long as he doesn't yell at me' I plead 'Even though I deserve it' I say quietly.
'I can try to calm him but if you've come here then he will know you weren't running from him' I nod my head.
'What's your name?' I question as I begun to bounce Aneika slightly as she begins to stir.
'Dean' he tells me.
'I'll be in the room' I say with a nod. I didn't bother getting the bags from the car, I know that when Sam gets here we will figure something out.

~~~~~

My nerves rattle ten fold as I hear the roaring of bikes coming up to the cabin and I know Sam is here. Leaving Aneika asleep in the middle of the bed, I exit the bedroom.
'Where the fuck is she?' I hear his angry voice that's also laced with worry.
'Bro just chill a little and let her explain, she came here knowing she was being tracked so she wasn't leaving you man' I hear Dean try to reason.
'Five seconds to tell me or I'm putting a bullet in your fucking head'
'Sam' I say coming out from the hall way. Dean looked pretty scared and I see Jacob and Rico sigh in relief.
'What the fuck Scarlett?' He yells at me. I stay silent while everyone gets the hint and leaves.
How am I meant to tell him he has a rat in his club? How can I tell him that this decision could put him behind bars?
Once everyone had cleared the cabin I look back at him.
'I didn't have a choice' I say. 'He said i couldn't say anything or something would happen to Aneika and I couldn't risk it. He said he was watching me so I had to leave or the club would be going to jail because he has proof of everything' I ramble on.
'Who?' Sam snaps out but now I know he isn't angry with me. 'Who the fuck said what?'
'I don't know who he was' I shake my head. 'He came to the apartment, he didn't say his name but he was an older guy and white'
'You came here knowing I would follow?' He asked.
'Yes' I nod 'I couldn't tell you any of this and I know no one is meant to know about the cabin outside of the club but there's something else the man said that you won't like'
'What?' Sam asked
'I don't know if it's true or if he was just trying to scare me and that's why I'm here, for protection'
'Scarlett just tell me'
'I need to know that Aneika and i will be safe and nothing will happen to her' I beg
'You know I will never let anything happen to either of you, I will put security on you, two of them' I know what he was saying is true but the stress in his voice was making me even more nervous.
'He said that he has someone on the inside'
'In jail? We all have someone in jail babe'
'No I mean he knows everything and has proof of everything because there's someone on the inside' I explain a little better hoping he gets the hint and i don't have to spell it out for him.
'Wait' he starts with a frown and i know that it's clicking into place.
I nod my head in confirmation.
'Someone in my club is a rat? A traitor?'