Chapter Three

~Chapter Three~

My nerves are rattled as Sam and I walk into the doctor office for my 12 week scan.
I now have a small bump on my belly and I'm getting excited for it to get bigger.
Brandi wanted to come but I had told her that she couldn't because Sam was coming and after a small argument she agreed to stay behind.
I don't really go to the club house like Sam has wanted because I haven't felt a need.
'Scarlet Winters' Dr Anna says. Sam and I stand and we go into the room.
Thankful I didn't have to have a full bladder for this scan, I sit down with a smile.
'Is this Dad?' The doctor asks. I nod and she smiles 'How have you been? Any problems?'
'Nope, I can hardly tell I'm pregnant' I smile 'No sickness, and not much breast pain these days'
'She eats a lot, is that normal?' Sam asks. I roll my eyes and Dr Anna laughs.
'Yes, she needs to eat as much as she can to make sure the baby is well and growing but don't eat too much junk because that isn't good for the baby. Also make sure to sleep when you can so the baby grows'
'She likes greasy food' Sam rats me out.
'I can't help what I crave' I defend.
'Try not to eat too much of it' Dr Anna smiles but gives me a warning look. 'Lets go look at this baby shall we' I nod and we follow her to the room.
I lay on the bed and lift my shirt 'Could we he two pictures today?' I ask her.
'Of course' she nods.
She puts the gel on the stick thing and then presses it to my stomach. After spreading the gel around she began to work her magic and a baby appears in the screen.
'That... that's our baby?' Sam asks
'Yes, that's our baby' I smile not looking at him.
'Baby looks good and healthy though, it's measuring a week behind, its nothing to worry about. The heart beat is perfect and no sign of Down syndrome' she looks to Sam and I and says 'You have a healthy baby growing'
'How do we know of its a he or a she?' Sam asks.
'Your next scan will determine the sex of your baby' she prints off two pictures and hands them to me before wiping my stomach and we head out.
'Make an appointment for seven weeks time as we can find out of you're having a son or a daughter' she smiles. I nod and we leave the office after a few more questions.
'Hungry?' Sam asks me.
'Starved' I tell him as my stomach rumbles.
'Of course you are' he laughs. 'Have you always been a big eater or this is a pregnant thing?'
'Pregnant thing' I confirm. 'I don't usually eat at all' I laugh.
We go to subway and we sit down with our food. 'You know people stare at the patch you wear' I say
'So?' he clearly doesn't care and I guess I already knew that but there is so much more I don't know about him and he doesn't know about me.
'You know, we don't actually know a great deal about each other' I say taking a bite.
'And? You want to have a heart to heart?' he asks sounding annoyed.
'Well don't you want to know about the mother of your child?' i ask him woth raised eye brows.
'I guess you're right' he sighs 'I got into the biker business when I was fifteen and I haven't been able to leave it since, what else so you want to know?'
'Family, do you have any beside your club?' I ask
'My Mom and my sister, I haven't talk to them for a while, why about you?'
'Only child, haven't spoken to my parents for a few years when they kicked me out'
'Why did they kick you out?' He asks curiously 'You go rebel?' He jokes.
'Doesn't matter now' I shrug 'I should probably tell them they're going to have a grandchild'
'I haven't told my mom or sister either, they will ask too many questions and want to meet you and stuff'
'You don't want them to meet me?' I'm not sure if I feel insulted right now or glad.
'Yes and no. They will ask too any questions and they don't like anyone'
'It's not like we're getting married' I laugh making him eat his words.
'Yeah but you don't know my mom' he says.
'That is true' I agree
'Want to play that twenty question game then?' he questions. I nod and he goes first 'My favourite colour is black' should have known that.
'Blue and purple' I smile.
'My full name and you can not ever repeat this, is Samuel Emanuel Greyson'
'Scarlett Eboni Winters'
'Really? Eboni? I never would have even guessed' he laughs.
'Alright Emanuel, next' I grin
'My club comes first and now I guess this baby does but this club is my life and even though I will eventually get out of that business, not right now' he explains.
'I guess my work is my life too, other than that, I don't really have anything' I'm not sure if it's sadness that comes over me or confusion but either way, I realise I have nothing but Brandi, this baby and work.
'Should we talk about baby names?' Sam asks me
'We don't have to right now but if you want to then sure' I shrug
'You know now that you carry my child, you are apart of the club whether you like it or not'
'I am not' I say automatically
'You are. Being seen with me could put you in danger, especially now you're showing' he says and if its meant to scare me then i guess its working. I compose myself though.
'Everyone knows Sam doesn't date' I smile
'No but if I hang around you in public too much then people will assume I care and that could put you and the baby in danger'
'Do you care?' I ask.
'You're the mother of my kid, of course I care' he replies like its a no brainer.
'Ok, maybe we should not be out in public then' I tell him, the fear hitting me now.
'You're right' he says with a nod.
'And don't ever think of picking me up on your bike because I will not get on it. Thought I would clear that up' I tell him
'Why do you think I drive the car when I'm with you? I don't want anything risking the baby's life'
'Should we head off?' I ask 'out of public'
'Yes, I'll drop you off home and then head back to the club to do some shit, heading out on a run tomorrow'
'Ok' he drives me home and after giving him a photo of the baby, I go up to my apartment.
I get into my pyjamas and after emptying my bladder for the hundredth time today, I climb into bed.