Chapter Twelve

~Chapter Twelve~

I don't get time to talk to Sam in the last week, he's been super busy with an issue the club has to handle and by the time he comes back to my apartment, I'm either too tired to talk or I'm already asleep.
He hasn't done anything super sweet since making me soak in the bath but he's still sweet to me, kissing my head before he leaves me and playing with our daughter when he gets home.
Brandi and Butch are pretty much official, he has no problem with PDA and everyone knows that she's with him.
I know I need to really talk to Sam before I go insane but it's a matter of timing it right.
I sit with all my school work, almost completed and I feel a head ache coming on so deciding to take a break, I lay down for just a moment.
I hear the click of the door shutting and then smell food cooking.
Did I fall asleep?
When I crack an eye open, I realise I must have because I have a blanket draped over me now and my school work in on the coffee table.
'Hey baby mamma' Brandi whispers to me as she walks over to me. Apparently Ricos nick name stuck with everyone.
'What's the time?' I ask her as I rub my eyes.
'It's five' she tells me.
'I really need to stop sleeping so long during the day' I groan. Slowly I sit up and swing my legs over the side of the couch to touch ground.
'Probably but sleeping is good' Brandi tells me.
The front door opens and Sam walks in with Rico and Butch.
'Hey, you're getting pretty big now' Rico observes.
'Yes well that's what happens when I have a child growing inside me' I tell him. He only smiles in return.
'Hey Mom, what are you cooking?' Sam says going to the kitchen after he sends me a smile.
Kendra is here? She's the one cooking?
I stand up and I head to the kitchen too as my chest starts burning. I frown and rub my chest.
'You ok?' Sam asks me. Kendra looks up and smiles.
'Heart burn' she tells me 'It's a bitch'
'What?' I ask. I've never had heart burn before.
'Heart burn. It feels like acid is slowly creeping up your esophagus' she tells me.
'I've never had this before, is it normal?' I ask her.
'Yes, very common. The baby is sitting on your stomach and pushing everything up causing the acid of your lining to creep up'
'Well it's stupid' I grumble. 'How do I fix it?' I ask.
'Glass of milk' she shrugs. 'You can get some medication for it at the stores' Kendra says.
I head in and grab a glass and then pour some milk in.
As I put the glass to my lips and tilt it back, the cold liquid is already soothing the burning sensation.
'That felt so good' I say putting the glass back on the sink.
'It always does' Kendra smiles. 'I had it so bad with Holly that my esophagus is now ruined'
'Well hopefully mine will make it out alive' I laugh.
Its not long before tea is done and dusted and I am helping Kendra do dishes, even though she tried to tell me to go relax.
Sam hasn't really spoken to me today and it's kind of worrying. Have I done something? I swear I haven't.
Once dishes are done, Kendra heads off. Brandi also is going out tonight so she will be back later tonight.
'How you doing Scarlett?' Rico asks me as I begin cleaning my school things up.
'Fine' I say. I take my things to my room and then go back out to tidy everything else up.
'How is the baby doing?'
'Fine' I repeat.
'What's up?' he asks clearly worried that I am not fine like I claim to be.
'Nothing' I say.
'Going back to the club, I'll be back later' Sam says.
'Bye' is all I say heading up to my room for pyjamas.
'What are you doing man?' I hear Rico hiss to Sam.
'Nothing' Sam growls back.
'Stop being a douche before you hurt her' Rico says. I don't hear Sams come back as they close the door behind them.
I sigh and after changing into my pyjamas, I sit in bed and finish off the school work.

~~~~~~~~

I'm not sure if Sam had came in last night or not but he wasn't there when I woke this morning and he wasn't there when I went to sleep.
Holly is treating me to some manicures today so I can't complain.
'How's that thing with my brother going?' Holly asks from beside me.
'It's not' I scoff. 'Yesterday, he barely uttered a word to me and today, I haven't even seen him'
'What a jerk' Holly says in disbelief. 'Maybe they've got some shit to handle at the club or something' she suggests trying to make me feel better.
'Maybe' I shrug not buying it. This has nothing to do with the club.
Once the manicure is done and they've painted our nails all pretty, Holly and I leave the store.
'Hungry?' Holly asks.
'Starved' I grin. I had been in a foul mood this morning and had skipped breakfast even though I know I shouldn't have.
'Well, we could go-' she doesn't finish the sentence as a hand is clapped over her mouth and then mine. Panic surges through me and I begin to struggle as I'm being dragged away.
'Holly' I scream as the hand is removed and I'm put into a van.
The person holding Holly throws her to the ground before jumping in the van and slamming the door shut.
It doesn't stop me from screaming though.
What does stop me though is a back hand to the face.
'Dude, she's pregnant' one of them say. They're all wearing black with balaclavas on their face.
'Her face isn't' the other guy snaps.
'Who are you?' I ask, on the verge of tears.
No one answers me. 'You all just signed your death warrant' I tell them. One of them sighs before cable tying my hands and then warning me 'Shut up or you'll be signing your own death warrant'
I glare at them but keep my mouth shut. The van stops and a black bag is shoved over my head.
They help me out of the van and my feet hit gravel which means we can't be in town anymore.
They lead me a few feet and then I hear large tin doors open which tells me we are either in someone's shed or a warehouse.
It's cold in here as they lead me through, we take a few turns and then a door opens, it sounds heavy and metal.
They put me inside, take the black bag off my head and I see a little cell looking room. A bed that to be honest looks as uncomfortable as the concrete side walk. A toilet is also there and a small window that I would have no chance getting out of.
They cut the ties from my wrists and then leave me alone.
Who in their right mind kidnaps a pregnant woman? I mean seriously, what planet are they on?
I take a look around me and I see no weapon, no means of escape.
Let's hope I don't go into pre labor, I don't want my baby being born in this shit hole.
'Hey' I yell 'I need food'
No one answers my plea so I sigh and sit myself on the brick like mattress.
'Fuck my life' I mutter to myself.