Chapter Nine

~Chapter Nine~

Sam being a biker, being in a club that's does dangerous things and gets hurt all the time should not surprise me at all but Sam, Rico, Tommy, Butch and Jacob walking into my apartment bloodied and bruised still shocks me and makes me worry.
I'm smart enough to not ask about it but it doesnt make me worry any less.
'Geeze guys' I hand the ladle to Kendra and she begins to stir while I get the first aid kit.
'Shit guys, what have you been doing? Fighting with a lion?' Brandi asks coming out of her room.
'I wish' Rico groans.
'Who's first?' I ask sitting at the table. Tommy sits in front of me and I begin to clean him up, I patch him up and then Butch, then Rico, Jacob and finally Sam.
Their injuries aren't too bad mainly just scrapes and forming bruises. Jacob had it the worst, his cheek had even split and I fear a possible broken nose.
'Hungry? We have plenty?' Kendra says from the kitchen while Brandi and I clean up the mess I've made.
'I should be getting home soon, Claudia has her parents over' Jacob replies.
'I'm down for food' Rico says.
'I gotta get back to Batina, she will have a flip if I don't eat the dinner she makes' Tommy says.
'Butch and Sam are always here for dinner' I say.
Jacob and Tommy leave after thanking me and saying goodbye.
'How are you? Haven't seen you for a few days' Sam says staying seated.
'Normal, your daughter is a very active child' I tell him.
'She gets that from me' he winks.
'Yes, she likes kicking me right when I'm at that sleep stage. It's like I'll just be asleep and then she will kick furiously and I'll be awake again for another half hour before she calms down' I laugh.
'He was like that' Kendra told me pointing to her son. 'As soon as I wanted to sleep, he was awake' she says.
'Can you feel her from the outside now?' Sam asks. I smile and nod at him.
'She's not kicking now, she's been pretty quiet for about an hour now'
'Let me know when she's laying the feet into you'
'Noted' I laugh.
'Come on boys, cuts off, guns away' Kendra says.
They all put their cuts on the back of their chair and their guns on the bench before sitting down.
After dinner Kendra makes the boys do dishes while is girls cleaned up.
'What have you got for the baby so far?' Kendra asks me.
'Nothing to be honest' I reply 'Rico, Sam and Brandi have brought her clothes but that's all'
'Will you let me buy a crib?' Kendra asks me.
'I don't know Kendra, I feel like I should be the one buying the baby things and I know you want to help and I appreciate it but I think I need to buy the crib' I explain.
'What about the carriage? Can I buy that?' She asks.
'You know how you get those portable cribs? you can fold them up as take them places and stuff?' I question. Kendra seems in though for a moment before she nods 'You can buy one of those for when Sam has her'
'About that, what is the deal there? You're a beautiful woman and I love you already but are you guys seriously not dating?'
'Not dating' I confirm.
'Shame' she sighs 'Thought my son had finally settled down and was ready for a real family' she says making sure it's loud enough for Sam to hear.
'We will be a real family' I defend. 'I know what you mean and I understand and all but Sam and I are on good terms, he's always around and the baby isn't going to know any different until she's older' I shrug.
'And when Mommy brings another guy friend over? or she stays with daddy without mommy and he has another lady friend?' she questions.
'Mom, it's none of your business' Sam snaps. 'You can't force us to be in a relationship we don't want to be in for the sake of the baby'
'He's right, we will both be unhappy and the baby will know that' I sigh.
'Alright, I'm sorry for over stepping the boundaries' Kendra apologises. 'I'm going to head home but ask yourself this one' she looks from me to Sam 'Will it really be a relationship you don't want?' and then before anything else is said she did a quick wave and left.
I let out a sigh and decide to ignore her question.
I continue to clean up the already clean living room before decided that my bed room needs cleaning.
Kendra is right though. I want more than this from Sam, id be lying if I said I didn't have feelings for him but I don't want to be hurt when he can't be faithful. Sam doesn't date. It's his motto and I don't want to feel like the one to have to break that motto. I don't want to ruin what we have now by getting into a relationship that probably won't even last.
I know Sam cares about me, he's told me himself and it's just the way he acts with me that tells me he cares but neither of us know if it's excuse of our baby girl or if it's just me.
'Don't let her get to you' Sams voice snaps me from my thinking and I jump in fright, pressing my hand to my chest.
'Geeze Louise' I mutter. I see him leaning against my door post and I take him in without his cut on.
Black jeans, blue shirt that hugs his body, showing his abs and biceps through the fabric.
We just stare at each other a moment before I turn back around and continue to pick up the mess. 'I'm not'
'You're a liar' he laughs. 'I can see it on your face that what she said is eating you alive'
'Isn't it eating you? What if she's right?' I ask him.
'What if she's not?' he asks.
'Sam, she is right, maybe not that last thing but everything else and you know it, whether you want to admit it or not' I tell him.
'We are going to be good parents to this kid Scarlet, she is going to be well looked after and loved and that's all that matters' he says coming into my room fully.
'I know but won't it confuse her if we end up seeing people? And I don't want her to be seeing all these different women with you, it's not healthy'
'No woman will be worthy enough to meet her'
'Ok' I nod. The thought of Sam with another woman does bring mrs jealousy out but I keep it cool.
'I just want what's best for her' I tell him.
'So do I' he whispers.
I sigh and take a seat on my bed 'I think I'm going to have an early night'
'Ok, I'll be back in a little while' he kisses the top of my head and starts to head out the door.
'Are you going back to the club?'
'Na doll face, I got other shit to take care of' he smirks which tells me it won't be any good.
I nod and he walks out the door, closing it softy behind him.
I get into a large shirt that still covers my bump and goes mid thigh and then climb into bed.