Chapter Eight

~Chapter Eight~

'Stop that!' Sam hisses as he grips my hands in his own to stop me from wringing them.
'I'm sorry, I'm just really nervous, what if she poisons me?' I ask.
'My mother won't poison you, stop worrying' he tells me. He was right, i hoped. I was carrying her grand daughter, she wouldnt poison a baby would she?
'Ok, let's go in before I puke' I tell him. We are standing outside a cute little restaurant, I'm in a yellow summer dress that luckily is fairly long and makes my baby bump look cute.
Sam leads us in the glass doors and through the crowd of tables. Waiters and waitresses greet Sam on the way past and then we get to the kitchen and I really do want to puke. Not from nerves now but the smell of pasta is making me want to vomit every where.
'This isn't a fast food place, get to work you slack pricks' I hear a feminine voice say. Brutal. She sounds rough.
'Mom?' Sam says.
'Sammy, my boy' the woman gasps in surprise and shows herself and she is a pretty woman. Her wrinkles show her age which I am guessing is about fifty but her figure looks to be a super model.
She wears all black clothing and doesn't look like she is cooking in here.
'Hey Mom, this is Scarlet'
'That my grand baby?' she asks nodding to my stomach.
'Granddaughter' I tell her with a nervous smile.
'Why am I only hearing of this now? You not only got yourself a pretty girl but you knocked her up' Sams mother says clearly not pleased with her son.
'We aren't together, it was a one night stand loke five months ago' Sam tells his mother with an eye roll.
'You aren't a slut aren't you?' Sams Mom asks me looking me up and down, judging me.
'Mom!' Sam snaps.
'No, last time I had sex was making this baby' I defend myself feeling slightly insulted.
'I'm Kendra' she holds her hand out to me and hesitantly, I take it. 'Hurt my son and I will hunt you down and slit your throat' she warns me.
'I have no intentions of hurting your son' I tell her. Shit just got awkward.
'Good, names, what are you calling her?'
'We haven't discussed it yet, we are going to sit down and eat but I thought I would introduce you' Sam says to his mother.
'What are you eating? I'll have it prepared now' Kendra offers.
'I'm really in the mood for bacon' I say 'No pasta but anything else will be fine' I quickly say.
'You know what I order here' Sam winks.
'I'll grab you both a plate and add bacon to yours Scarlet' Kendra tells me.
'Thank you' I tell her and Sam leads me out of the kitchen and to a table for two.
'Are you sure we're safe here?' I ask looking around and noticing a few people staring.
'Yes, don't worry' Sam laughs.
'Can you blame me?' I ask him. 'I'm dining with a biker who owns this place'
'Scarlet, would I bring you here if I thought something could happen to you or our daughter?'
'You're right, I'm sorry' I sigh with a nod.
'I brought some juice since water is so plain and wine is out of the question' Kendra says placing a bottle of juice on the table.
'Thank you Kendra' I smile.
'Come see me after you've eaten' she tells us. We nod and she heads back out to the kitchen.
'I think she likes me' I tell Sam proudly.
'It is possible, she called you pretty' Sam replies.
'She looks good for her age' I comment.
'She's going to want to know where you live so she can visit and she will probably come over with groceries and clean your house' Sam tells me.
'Really?' I ask. 'Don't get me wrong, it's a nice gesture and all but she doesn't have to do that'
'She will anyway, she's stubborn and doesn't take no for an answer'
'That's where you get it from then?' I laugh as our food is brought out to us.
Once we've eaten, we head back to the kitchen to speak with Kendra.
'Come to my office, it's nice and cool in there and you can sit down' she says to me. We follow her to a small office and I take a seat on the small sofa.
'So you guys aren't together?' she questions. We both shake out heads. 'He helps you yes?' Kendra asks me.
'Yes, too much if you ask me' I reply. 'He and Butch are at my house every night after club business for protection which I clearly don't need' anymore anyway.
'Oh believe me, you do' Kendra tells me. 'That stomach of yours is a target'
'He gave me a gun' I tell Kendra. I still have no clue how to use it but it's still in my draw.
'Good, I taught him well' Kendra smiles. 'Now to the important things, when is your next scan and where do you live?' I proceed to tell her about the scan in ten weeks and where I live. She asks a few more questions about my work and such which she seems really impressed by.
Sam and I head back to my place and after a nice relaxing shower, we both climb into bed.

~~~~~~~~

'My Mom is here' Sam whispers, waking me from my sleep. I groan and roll over which takes me like a year. I'm not ready to wake yet.
'She's dusting the house and just got the cleaning products out' he tells me.
'What?' I open my eyes and sit up. Sam starts laughing from beside the bed so I throw a pillow at him.
'Jack ass' i growl.
'I'm serious by the way' he tells me as he grabs the pillow and throws it back.
I glare at his retreating form and say 'Stop her'
His response was to laugh at the pregnant woman. Asshole.
I climb out of bed and wrap myself in my robe before making my way out to the living room. Butch is sitting on the couch and Brandi has already gone to work.
I keep going and find myself in the kitchen where Sam is making coffee and Kendra is cleaning the already clean bench.
'Kendra, you don't need to do that' I tell her.
'I want to do it' she tells me.
'Thank you' I say, unable to tell her to stop it.
'Go sit down, put your feet up and surf the channels' Sam tells me.
'I'm pregnant, not disabled' I tell him for the second time this pregnancy. 'House work isn't going to kill me and either is cooking'
'But that school work might'
'So I'll take a day off from it. This is my place and I appreciate the help, I really do but you're all making me feel like an invalid' I growl.
'I know exactly what it's like to be pregnant and having to work and juggle bills, a toddler and house work along with it and I didn't have help from Sams father, he took off as soon as I told him I was pregnant with our second son'
'You have a brother?' I ask Sam.
'Yes, no one talks with him' Sam replies.
'Oh' why wouldn't he have mentioned him before? He mentioned a sister but I don't even remember if he told me her name.
'Holly does' Kendra says.
'He talks with Holly?'
'Yes, they write letters to each other, he does ask how you are and shit but we hadn't heard from you for a while' Kendra shrugs.
'You can tell him he's going to be an uncle if you want' Sam says.
'What's his name?' I ask.
'Cody, he changed his last name to Bowlen a few years ago' Kendra replies for me. Cody Bowlen? Why does that sound so.... Oh shit!
'How old is he?' I ask.
'Thirty' Sam says. My eyes widen. Oh my god! 'Do you know him?' Sam asks me.
'I may have dated him but he told me he was twenty five'
'Getting it on with brothers' Kendra laughs.
'He was actually the last person I slept with before Sam, it was like three months before Sam' I admit.
'How long did you date?' Sam asks.
'A few months, I broke it off because he was... well he was like you but he was worse, I couldn't do anything without asking him and I'm not kidding' I explain.
'You're that girlfriend?' Kendra asks. Sam and I both look at her in confusion.
'He wrote to Holly about a girlfriend he had but he made you out to be the bad guy, saying he couldn't do anything without running it by you and you had let his tires down in his car'
'Seriously? He made me the psycho? He is the one who let my tires down by slashing them, he hid my keys and my phone so i couldnt leave'
'I kinda see that you don't have a psycho bone in that body of yours' Kendra says. Thank god she believed me on that one.
'So Cody is a maniac?' Sam asks. 'He didn't hit you did he?'
'No, he never touched me like that he just destroyed my things when he was mad, instead of hitting me' I reply.
'Good, would have sucked if I had to kill my brother'
'Enough talk about Cody, go sit down and relax' Kendra orders.
I nod and head to the living room, taking a seat on the couch beside Butch who is watching trashy TV.