10 ~ Relations

A few weeks had gone by, and things were becoming a lot more comfortable and routine in my life. My brothers were being more accepting of me, and I was learning to get by with the new ways of a little bit more of a structured lifestyle. I spent most nights on the phone or FaceTiming with Harper, or I was occupying my time with Spencer. Our relationship seemed to be going strong, and he seemed very caring and invested in everything that I did. He always wanted to be around me and liked to flaunt our relationship to everyone, parading me around like I was one of his trophies that he had won. My brothers all knew that we were dating, and I knew that it was only a matter of time before they started to really take on the roles of being brothers and start voicing their opinions on the matter, as none of them seemed to really like Spencer.

I was sitting in my room one afternoon working on some of my homework from that days school session, when a light knock came on my door. "Kelsey?" Riker asked as he opened the door and stuck his head inside.

"Now what if I were naked or something?" I asked a bit mad. "Would you really want to see your sister that way?"

Riker gave a small chuckle as he came into the room fully, closing the door behind him. "Yeah, that would not be a good thing, sorry!" he apologized. He sauntered over to my bed and sat down next to me. "What cha' working on?"

"Since when do you give a shit about what I'm doing?" I quizzed him as I gave him a smirk.

"I was just curious was all," he defended himself as he threw his arms up in mock surrender. "I just wanted to see how you have been doing, I know we really don't talk much with each other."

"Going good I suppose. Soccer tryouts are this coming week, and Hailey has been pushing for me to try out. I'm not sure I want to though, I don't think I would be really good at it."

"So you've never played before? It's not a hard game to play. A lot of running, but that shouldn't be a problem for you, cus' you go out running pretty much every day. I could teach you some of the basics if you want? I play for the guys soccer team in the fall."

I placed my pencil down in the crease of my book, and gave my full attention to Riker. "I didn't know that. I didn't think you did any other sports, other than that kiteboarding stuff, as you're always on the go, and never home."

"Well, kiteboarding is technically a sport.  It takes a lot of upper body strength to hold on and maneuver a huge ass kite. Why don't we head over to the school and I'll give you some soccer pointers? Do you have any shin guards?"

"I can't, I need to finish my homework!" I protested as I reached for my book again.

Riker swiped the book out from in front of me and slammed it shut. "It's Friday, you've got all weekend. Now come on! Change into some shorts, and I'll go get some equipment. Meet me downstairs in ten." He stood up and fled the room quickly, taking my book with him and not giving me anytime to protest further.

I watched his retreating form with my slackened jaw in confusion on what had just conspired. Did Riker really just make plans to hang out with me? Not wanting to waste this opportunity I scrambled up from my bed and quickly found a change in clothes.

In less than ten minutes I had changed and made my way downstairs. Riker and Gavin were both in the kitchen talking with Jagger and Cole as they were filling up water bottles. "I thought it was just you and I going?" I said to Riker as I noticed Gavin was wearing shin guards with out his socks pulled up over them.

"Who else is going to drive?" Gavin asked with a smirk.

"I thought we could just walk?" I questioned.

"Technically I could drive, but I have a restricted license still," Riker said as he shot some water out of his water bottle at me.

The water hit me on the side of my face, "Hey!" I protested as I wiped the water away from my eyes. "You have a license?" I asked Riker.