20 ~ Secrets

Two days later I was released from the hospital. I was scheduled for both physical as well as mental health therapy. Being out of it for almost three months I had lost a lot of muscle tone in my body. Me being the stubborn one that I was though, I didn't want to accept help from anyone. I was sitting alone in the entertainment room, as Dad had to go to his office, and who knows where all my brothers were off to.  I was watching a movie at the time when I started to get hungry. I carefully got myself up from my spot on the couch and slowly hobbled my way out and towards the kitchen. Cole was busy prepping something on the butcher block counter, while Kara and Andrea were seated across from him eating sandwiches and busying themselves talking with Cole. When they heard me enter all three of them immediately stopped talking. Andrea slid down from the barstool that she was occupying and came over to me to help me walk the rest of the way.

"It's okay," I shooed her away. "I can do this."

Andrea stepped away from me and just watched as I struggled to get over to the counter bar.  I slightly tripped when I was near the counter, and almost crashed down to the ground, but was caught in Andrea's arms before I hit the floor.

"Thank you," I smiled with guilt.

Andrea helped me over to the counter bar and up into one of the barstools. "Miss. Anders, would you like a sandwich?" Cole asked as he continued chopping up some carrots.

"Yes please," I said as I watched his chef magic.

When we were all done with our sandwiches Andrea and Kara helped me back to the entertainment room, where the three of us played card games for the rest of the afternoon.  I was actually very grateful for their company, and let them help me out with anything that I would struggle with.

We were just finishing up our current game, when the door to the entertainment room opened up, and in walked Bryce.  He smiled when he saw me, and came over to sit by my side.  I could see the smiles on Kara and Andrea's faces as they watched Bryce getting close to me.

"Uh, I don't think my brothers are home yet," I said to Bryce as I took my last turn.

"I know," Bryce said with a grin, "They're all out at the mall. I left early and told them I had some stuff I needed to get done."

"So did you get done what you needed to?" I asked.

"There wasn't anything that I actually needed to get done," Bryce answered.

"I think we need to go help Cole finish up with dinner, right Andrea?" Kara asked as she placed the cards back into their box.

"Yup," Andrea said, popping the 'p'.  The two of them quickly scurried from the room, closing the door behind them.

"So..." I said as I turned towards Bryce. "How are you doing?"

"You're cute," Bryce laughed. "I just wanted to come by and see you for a bit. Make sure you were okay and didn't need any help with anything?"

"I'm doing okay for the most part, just wish I could get my muscles moving right.  I'm already sick of not being able to walk around."

"You'll get there." Bryce then grabbed the tv remote and flipped the tv on. "Want to watch a movie?"

"Sure, why not?" I shrugged.

The movie that he picked was a horror movie, and so anytime something spooked me, I would jump. Every time Bryce would give a slight chuckle, but seemed satisfied when I would push my body closer into him. One of the times I jumped I burried my face into his chest, and tried to cover my ears so I couldn't hear the bad guy ripping the flesh off his victim. When that particular scene was over, Bryce carefully pulled my hands away from my ears, and then gently grabbed my chin, bringing his face down to mine. His lips carefully grazed mine at first, but then he kissed my lips with so much passion that I got lost in him, and didn't hear anyone entering the room.