12 ~ Emotions

After leaving from out of the school I quickly found Riker and Gavin who were already waiting for me next to Gavin's Camaro and chatting with some of their other friends. Neither of them saw me approach so I tossed my backpack into the open door of the backseat and then climbed halfway in as I waited for them to finish their conversations. After about five minutes I stood up on the side of Gavin's car and hung out of it hanging onto the roof.

"Come on, guys! I have a bunch of homework I need to get done tonight so I can actually enjoy the weekend!" I yelled at the two of them.

Everyone that was around them was now looking up at me, and I could hear someone say something under their breath that I was not able to quite make out, but it must not have been something good, as Riker punched him hard in the arm.

"Watch it!" Riker shouted at his friend before looking back at me again. "We'll leave in a sec."

"And quit hanging on my car like that," Gavin added, "or you can wash it!"

Riker's friend again said something that made Riker get mad. Riker shoved his friend back and then took a swing at him, punching him on the left side of his face, and knocking him to the ground. "I said to watch it!" Riker yelled again as he hovered over his friend.

"Damn!" His friend shouted back as he was clutching his face. "Chill dude! It was a joke!"

The other guys came in between Riker and his friend, Gavin pulling Riker away from him.

"Come on," Gavin said as he guided Riker away. "It's not worth it," he said as he opened up the passenger side door and guided Riker in.

"See you later tonight?" Riker's friend questioned as he was laughing, picking himself up off the ground. He then looked up at me and made a provocative gesture towards me.

"What the fuck?" I shouted at him as I started to jump down from Gavin's car, only for Gavin to push me back inside as he climbed into the driver's seat and slammed the door behind him.

"What did he say to you, Riker?" I questioned as Gavin started the car and pulled away out of the school parking lot. I pushed myself up over the center console between my brothers in the two front seats, trying to get them to talk to me.

Gavin tried to swat me back, but I held my stance and continued to pester Riker. "I know it was about me. So tell me what he said?"

"It was nothing, okay?" Riker said irritated. "Sit back and buckle up!" he said as he then tried to push me back.

"So it was nothing? Yet you punched your friend?" I asked as I caught Gavin's eyes in the rearview mirror.

Gavin hit the brakes hard, causing me to lurch forward unexpectedly, but Riker caught me before I hit the front dash. "Fuck, Gav!" Riker shouted as he righted me up, and I scurried into the backseat immediately putting on my seatbelt.

"She's fine, and now she's doing what she was told to do in the first place," Gavin laughed as he continued towards home.

As soon as we were home I bolted up to my bedroom to start on my homework. I was not able to make as much progress as I was hoping for, as only about an hour later Jessa and Hailey had invited themselves over and busted into my room without any warning.

"Kelsey! what are you doing babe! There's a party at Ryan Calabrese house tonight. Get ready!" Hailey said as she started rummaging through my closet.

"Guys, I can't tonight. I really want to finish the rest of my homework so I actually have the entire weekend open to do things. Plus Spencer was going out of town with his parents tonight and won't be back until Sunday, so we will have the rest of the weekend for just us."