Amara's POV:

"Thank god, the torture can end." Mason grumbles from the drivers seat as we pull up outside of my house.

"Shut up, you loved every minute of it." I chuckle as we get out of the car—to which he simply rolls his eyes.

"Let me carry your bags to the door... in silence." he whines like a child.

I follow him to the already unlocked door, since my mom arrived a few minutes before us. He hands me the bags one by one, I really did take too much luggage with me for two days, but I'm female—it's what we do.

"Be at my place by 7." Mason winks playfully and I can't help but smile.

He pulls me a little closer to him, placing a soft kiss on my lips before leaving again. I just spent the whole weekend with him and I can't wait till I see him again tonight—despite how nervous I am about the party.

"You're going out later?" my moms voice startles me as I close the door.

"Yeah, I'm going to a party with Mason." I tell her as I pick up my bags.

"On a Sunday?" she questions.

"It's summer." I laugh, ironically, since that was Mason and I's exact conversation only an hour ago.

"Be safe, no drinking." she says uncomfortably and I just nod.

I head to my room and drop my bags as soon as I walk through the door. This house feels so much smaller after spending the weekend at Carol and Steve's place. I must have spent half of my life there, yet every time I go I still find myself shocked at how large and perfect it is. Every inch of their house detailed to fine, intricate perfection. I would love to live in a place like that some day.

I sit on the edge of my bed and contemplate my choice of agreeing to let Mason take me to another party. I consider cancelling but the fragment of me that wants to go keeps breaking through, plus, I'm going to see drunk Mason—which may I add, is extremely enticing.

I have literally no dresses to wear, and I don't want to have to call Jess—so I decide to go slightly more casual and wear shorts and a cute shirt. I only have two pairs of shorts.. so it wasn't too hard to pick. I decide on a black denim pair, along with a white shirt which is iridescent, tightly fitted and has straps that cross over my back. I've always loved it, I just haven't had an opportunity to wear it before. In all honesty I'm surprised it even fits anymore—it's a little tighter than I remember, but wearable.

Makeup. Is it acceptable to go to a party without makeup? I throw myself back onto my bed and groan. Just at that, my phone buzzes from across the room.

*Hey, can you come over a little earlier? Fucking Matt is driving me crazy with his whining so we're leaving early.*

I chuckle at the message, Matt really doesn't ever get a break.

*Okay, and leave him alone.* I reply, rolling my eyes at my screen.

*Yes sir;)*

——————

On the drive over I feel my anxiety rising in my chest slightly. I feel a little more exposed in this outfit for some reason—it doesn't make sense. I decided to wear minimal makeup, mascara, lip gloss, the usual. Which seems to only make my anxiety grow, I don't want to stand out as the one who doesn't look as good.

I walk into Mason's dorm to find only Matt, "I really have to stop just walking in here." I mumble awkwardly to which he just laughs.

"It's alright, Amara. You're looking amazing." he wiggles his brows and I thank him. I feel a lot less uncomfortable after how embarrassing I was last time.