Chapter-46

''All set.'' Rolli whispered 

''Aye Aye Captain.'' Chitra replied in a whisper. The two had decided  to make Vikram' night memorable. The two girls giggled before going in different direction. It was the night of reception and Palace had been buzzing with activity.

Rolli ran towards her room as she has already been late and she didn't want her mother pissed. She smiled thinking of her mother. Her Highness Ananya Ranvijay Rathore, the woman who taught her to fight the odds and now she was fighting her for Dev

The Princess smiled at her reflection. ''I am going to fight mom, for what I believe in''

***

Dipika helped Sona in getting ready for the reception. She smiled watching her nervous daughter in law. ''A penny for your thoughts.''

''I am scared mom.''

''Of Vikram?''

Sona rolled her eyes. ''He isn't something to be scared off with all of you around me.'' Dipika chuckled fixing the armlet. After a moment Sona whispered her eyes on her lap. ''I am no where close to you and A. I don't think I can ever come close to any one of you.''

Dipika lifted her chin up with a finger. ''You don't have to be like any of us, just be yourself. All you have to remember is that you belong to us as we belong to you. We can fight with each other but not against each other. This family gave me everything I missed my growing years. All I expect you is to  stand by your own. Will you?''

Sona was filled with a different emotion. She closed her fingers around Dipika's extenuated hand, ''I promise  mom, I will never let me family down.'' Dipika smiled, pecking Sona's forehead she wrapped the heavy ornate stole around her. ''Let's move.''

***

The grand hall was filled with applause as the new bride descended the stairs with Dipika and Rolli. Shivangi Rathore took a breather, ''I thought dress would crush her.'' As Sona stepped on to the last step, Vansh extended his hand. Sona took it, he walked her to some distance before Advay took the charge.

SOna looked a little confused when Advay handed her hand to Ananya, who lead her ahead giving her hand to Veer and last one was Ranvijay , who walked her down to the main aisle. ''I leave you here Princess, with your Prince.''

Sona watched Ranvijay with awe. Out of all he was the only one who had greeted her with smile from the time she had stepped into Jaigarh. Even after the fateful incident it was him who had first smiled at her and took the decision to bring her back. She hugged him, not caring of all the guests. Ranvijay caressed her head, ''We all walked you till here to let you know, we will always be there for you my child.'' She nodded, her complete self filled with a new confidence. Lifting the folds of her skirt she stepped up the dais as Sonakshi Rathore.

''Finally, everything is in place.'' Ananya said smiling at the new couple .

''No! but it will be, with time it will be.'' Ananya frowned but ignored with a shake of her head. She watched as the new couple greeted and accepted the blessing, wishes from the guests.

 ***

The glitz and galore ended few hours after midnight and family was ready to call of the night. Rolli winked at Chitra as two girls quickly jumped to escort Sona to her room. Sona looked at two. ''Are you two upto something?''

''Yes, and your husband deserves it.'' Rolli whispered

Vikram stepped out of the elevator, his lips stretched into a big smile. Finally, they were together without any more secrets or misunderstandings. He had pledged to start a beautiful life with Sona. A life where he would prove his love and support to his wife.