Chapter-14

Sona clutched Vikram hard as he walked her into the crowded pub. She looked around a little uncomfortable about type place. This wasn't the first time she had been to a disc or a pub but with guy it was her first time. She was now doubting her decision noticing the number of people Vikram knew, there were many females of his age who hugged and pecked his cheek as if it was nothing. She felt a pang a jealousy hit her heart and at the same time she felt a strange fear, about he bringing her hear on purpose. There was no one she could call for help.

She suddenly felt her eyes filling up as she felt guilty breaking her brother's trust. Sona panicked realising she had lost Vikram, she looked around lost not sure where and how to find him. The sheen in her eyes blurred her vision as she crashed against a couple, ''Are you blind.'' The threatening voice made her shiver, though she apologised but the man seemed in a mood to mess. She stepped back to crash with another guy, just when she felt trapped an arm pulled her against a hard chest as she heard the mellowing sound from the man who intimidated her.

''She apologised ! you should have accepted that and stepped back.'' Vikram warned as he held the man my neck, his thumb on the nerve of his neck giving him excruciating pain every time Vikram pressed it. The surroundings turned silent as the crowd watched the confrontation.

''Is there a problem.'' One of the bouncers asked

''Ask them?'' Vikram replied dragging Sona along. He climbed the stairs that took him the private lounge, guiding her to the lush couch. His eyes didn't miss her shaking form. Vikram smiled and slid next to her, ''If I had known you still have issues with trusting me, I wouldn't have asked you out at this hour.''

She looked up, ''No, its nothing like that.''

''You and I both know it is what I am talking now.'' He huffed, ''Would like to order?'' She shook her head in refusal and he gave her knowing smile. Vikram bought himself a drink, his eyes didn't miss the flicker of nervousness in Sona's eyes. ''Relax, its not alcohol.'' She nodded

He took a sip . leaning back he kept his eyes on her face and then laughed, ''What were you thinking? I would consume alcohol then misbehave with you?''

She didn't answer, that made him laugh more, ''Hey girl, this isn't some movie and I am not a villain here. I know my limits as I too have a sister. I would never do something which would turn you uncomfortable.'' That too got answered by a nod. He shut his eyes, feeling agitated. This wasn't what he had planned about their date. He gulped his drink in one go and got up, ''Let's leave. I will drop you back.''

Sona could hear the disappointment in his voice, she cursed her mind for not trusting him when he never gave her one chance for distrust. He had even refused to kiss her because he felt she was too young.

''But we just came here.''

''Doesn't matter! You don't trust my presence and that makes everything worthless.''

''I trust you!'' She whispered

''Your eyes speak otherwise.''

''Its my first night-out and with a guy. When on the dance floor I lost you, I panicked. I am sorry.''

''Its fine, let's leave.''

''But I haven't danced yet.'' Her request came innocent. Vikram watched her for a moment. Her big eyes focused on his, expecting him to understand her initial discomfort, and he did. He offered his palm, she smiled and quickly slid hers into his. Vikram led her to another floor, which turned out to be an open terrace. ''This is open just for elite group.'' She nodded

She couldn't help but smile as soft music, the immediate contrast to the one on the lower level started calming her nerves.  Vikram walked to the center of the place, extending his palm. She stared at it with a smile, took a step forwards looping her arms around his neck. He just stood watching her. ''You can also wrap yours around my waist.'' Her words made him smile again and he did. Sona kept her head on to his chest s they grooved along the melodious tune lost in the each other's eyes. Vikram leaned and pecked her cheek, ''You are adorable.''