Chapter 43

Neelambari smiled recalling the little spat between Dev and Rolli. Today, Rolli stood up against her own brother and soon she would fight the world. It was the time for the little push and things would fall into place.

Her grun turned wider recalling the young Dev she had met the first time. She had instantly hated the boy but there was something about his eyes that she couldn't ignore.

It was one of those days when used to visit Aadhavan an had witnessed Netra trying to hit Sona. It was Dev who took the whip, not once but every time. Neelambari had visited with the thought of taking away the kids but she changed her mind when she watched Dev's love for Sona and Sagar.

She had returned the next day knowing that Dev would keep the kids safe. Moreover, she never wanted her daughter's kids to lose their right on Aahavan and his assets. They didn't but she lost to a giving and lovingDev. He became from no one to her eldest grandchild. For the village and estate , Dev came first and then Sagar. If it was in Neelambar's will, she would never have allowed him to step into Suryagarh but she understood his responsibilities. And now, she wanted him to be happy and she had seen that it in the Rathore Princess and decided to give him the same.

"This is what I want for you Dev.'' She whispered to self

"This is what I too want Paatti" Jyoti chorused

Neelambari gave her a gentle arm hug, "I hope you are not upset with me"

"Why should I be upset? And with you?"

Neelambari caressed her hair, "Just because I am using you as a pawn help Dev get his love.''

"Ayyo, Paatti. Don't worry at all, I am not upset. On the contrary I am excited to play this love game. I noticed Rolli's anger and jealousy whenever I am around him. She is so possessive paatti"

Neelambari smiled, "I know that. If everything goes as per my plan, and you keep doing your part , Aahana Rathore will express her heart openly."

Jyoti gave her a thumb up "Done." Neelambari gestured her to get into the role. Jyoti grinned wide running off to find Dev.

Neelambari smiled watching Dev playing with kids, "Dev will get what he deserves"

Her thoughts are distracted hearing one of the servant's call, "Amma, muttrathula nichayathuku vendiya ella erpaadum mudinjathu. Ayya ellaraiyum kootitu vara sonnaru" (Madam, All the preparations for the Engagement has been done. Sir send me to inform you and get everyone there). The Rathores wanted a small ring ceremony and Neelambari readily agreed for it. This was the moment , she was going to drop a bigger bomb.

"Fine. I will be there in a moment."

Neelambari laughed watching irritated Vikram. She gestured the girls to take Sona away and moved to Ananya. "Preparations for ring ceremony are done. We will be waiting for all of you in the main hall.''

Ananya nodded, "Sure. Will be there in a few mins"

She was about to leave when Neelambari's words froze, "After Vikram & Sona's engagement, Dev will get engaged to Jyoti. I want you all to be part of that function too. He is my family. "

Ananya froze. She knew Rolli wouldn't be able to take this. Neelambari walked away with a proud smile on her face.

The two families gathered in the main hall to bless the couple. It was just the night that stood between their union.

Neelambari took her highchair with Aadhavan and Dev on either side of her. Dev had gestured Sagar to take the seat but the young boy refused pushing him down next to his grandmother.