Chapter-33

Rathore Palace buzzed with activity, everyone had some or the other duty assigned with respect to Vikram's wedding. Almost everyone had something to do. Shivangi had been too busy supervising all the arrangements. She couldn't do much when Veer got married but she was doig max in Vikram's 

''Granny, why am I being chucked out of my suite.'' Vikram asked as he entered his grandparents chambers

''Its being renovated to suit the new bride.''

''What about the old grand son.''

''He too will have a small place in a corner.'' Vikram gaped at his usually silent and calm grandmother as his grandfather burst into a laughter

''When did you started talking like Rolli?'' Shivangi's smile faded, she huffed, ''I wish , she gets her smile back. I miss my little girl, her questions, her ranting. She has changed.'' Turning to Vikram she held his hands in hers, ''She tells you everything. Do you know the reason for her state?''

Vikram was unable to answer it, shaking his head he stepped back walking out of the room. One side, his family was preparing for a grand wedding and  in a corner, his beloved sister sat mourning her broken heart. He cursed himself for forgetting her pain so easily.  He wanted to ease her pain out and made a promise to himself to do the same.

***

Dev had been doing in and out of his room for very long. Sagar sat watching his over anxious brother munching on snacks, ''Anaa, what's the matter.''

''I am trying to figure out if we have missed something.'' He replied

''You and I both know nothing is missing. What are you tensed about? " Sagar's words froze him, he realised he was making his nervousness too obvious. Sagar walked to Dev, ''You need to get rid of this guilt. It wasn't your fault and haven't we forgiven Vikram, he too shot Sona.''

''But not with the intention to kill. My intention was to kill Ranvijay Rathore. Moreover, I am Netra's son. This truth will never leave me.''

Sagae knelt opposite to his brother, taking Dev's hand into his he locked his emotional eyes with Dev, ''I lost my mom. I had a father, but he too was a little reclusive. I am not saying he was bad with me but he wasn't the father I always wanted. It was you. I know Akka was rude to you before but for me, you were like an epitome of perfection. So, for my sake, never undermine yourself. You are your mother's son, no one can change that but you are Dev as well. My Anaa, and I won't let anyone change that.'' Dev leaned his forehead against his younger brother, ''when did you grow up this much?''

'' Don't know but please let me be your little brother.'' The brothers hugged, they had a decade of age difference but for Sagar, Dev was his hero . he would rather prefer sticking to Dev than stay any where else.

''Hukum, everything is ready.'' Their moment was broken by a staff, who had come to inform them that it was time to leave. Dev nodded, he walked to the staff, ''Please make sure Sona is fine and taken care off till I am back, and she shouldn't step out of this Palace.'' The satff left with a nod

''But why Anaa?'' Sagar asked

''Because this is Suryagarh. I don't know what corner darkness still prevails.'' With a shake of his head he dragged Sagar along to avoid anymore questions. Though, he wanted to stay back a little uncomfortable but his heart wanted one chance to meet the girl he broke o bad.

***

Rolli went through few reports and frowned, she picked up file and decided to see Veer immediately. She smiled at the staff running from one corner to the other busy in decorating their home.