Chapter-16

Vansh walked back after completing his 10km daily run. Since he had started training, he decided to run for stamina build up and its effect were showing on him. The lean boy had grown into a tough one.

Vansh pressed the elevator button for his floor. He was excited about the return of his elder brother Vikram. They shared the same floor since they got their separate rooms and had been partners in all kind of mischief. Vansh replayed their moments as a smile stretched onto his lips.

With a ding, the elevator doors slid open and his smile turned into a wide grin. Chitra stood on a ladder decorating the lobby for Vikram's welcome. She looked so lost in her own world that she missed Vansh walking to her. He patiently waited for her to notice him, when she didn't he kicked the ladder hard. It shook vigorously making Chitra squeak. Vansh held it immediately looking at her fearful form.

She glared down at him and he shrugged his shoulders, ''What?''

''Were you conspiring to make me fall?'' She asked

''Yes!''

''And why so?'' this came all the way more annoyed

Vansh thought, smiled and replied, ''I was looking for a chance to grab you like a hero before you fall.'' He teased. Vansh watched her face keenly waiting for her to react. He smiled when she turned her eyes away. Stepping down the ladder she dusted her palms and stood facing him, arms crossed over her chest, ''You shouldn't be flirting with me Hukum. You know my mom will kill me.''

''Is that the only reason?'' He asked tilting his head

Chitra picked her stuff and walked off, she halted for a moment and then turned, ''The reason is the difference between you and me, you are a Prince and I belong to the staff. It would be good if we maintain the same.'' Vansh stared in her eyes but she lowered them walking to the elevator. He didn't allow her to get in grabbing her arm, ''Since when this difference started cropping between us.''

''It was always there. Please don't ask questions you know answers to.'' Just when he was about to retaliate the elevator doors slid open, ''All Good?'' Dipika stepped out a little confused noticing the expressions of the two youngsters.

''Yes, I was reminding her not to step the limits. After all, she is just a staff.'' Vansh replied, his eyes on Chitra. The girl didn't look up, she just left after greeting Dipika. The latter stared at the retreating figure and then turned to Vansh, ''That was rude.''

''But the truth!''

''Its not you Vansh! You never talk about status and positions.''

''Guess I should learn to do it because even when I don't mention it, others love to rub my Royal lineage onto my face.'' He sounded mad

Dipika cupped his face, ''Things and opinion change when we turn adamant to change them. And I trust you.'' Vansh blinked, Dipika smiled and pulled his nose, ''I like your choice.''

Vansh blinked, he then shook his head lowering his eyes, ''Its not easy.''

''Easy never brings the perfection, and for now she is too young. You have good 6-7 years before taking a plunge.'' She tried to pep his mood

''Yup, first has to Bhai and then Rolli.'' Dipika was about to respond when a staff interrupted them. ''Hukum, Prince is here.'' She wasn't looking up and the way she fidgeted worried vansh and Dipika.

***

''Drive us to the guest house first.'' Vikram requested Badal who had come to pick him up at the airport. ''Have you made the arrangements I had asked you to?'' Badal nodded again.