I nodded slightly, with my lips in a tilt.

"And that someone isn't Tessa," he continues, his smile turning into a serious countenance.

I nod again. "Yes, but please don't say anything-"

"I saw you and Aiden outside his house a while ago. When you two hugged. I saw the blush on your face. I even saw that picture of you and Aiden in the photobooth. The one from the arcade. The last one," James says. I tense at his words. "Vincent . . . do you like him?"

I freeze immensely. But there's no point in lying. "I really like him," I say truthfully. "I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" he asks.

"I'm . . ." I couldn't build the courage to get the word out of me. I was talking to James. And now he'll know too. "Gay," I finally sputtered. "How do you even feel about that?"

A long silence follows. I don't know what he's thinking, but finally, he sighs. "I've- I've never supported the idea but . . . you're my brother." I try to smile, but my eyes are fixed on the floor. "How long have you liked him for?" James asked.

"I don't know. The first day I met him."

James stood up from my bed to close the door, making sure no one could listen in on our conversation.

"Vincent, if you really like him, go for it. I see how happy you are around him. It's the happiest I've seen you with anyone for a long time. The way you blushed whenever he hugged you. It's like a relationship I definitely want, but with a girl, of course." His words come off with a soft chuckle. "Is he also . . . you know?"

"I don't- no, he's not. Aiden was kissing Tessa's best friend."

"Yeah, and you were kissing Tessa, look at you now."

"Doesn't this make you mad?" I ask James. "You said you don't support it right? But . . . I like guys. I've been trying to deny it for a while now, but I can't anymore. Aiden's all I think about. Aiden's all I want. Acceptance is what I need. But I'm scared. Of everything."

"Look, Vincent." James puts his hands on my face and forced me to lock in his gaze. "I'm not mad at you. And I'll never hate you. It's okay if you like guys. I accept you, all the way. It sure does change things, but I don't want to lose you."

The first tear escapes my eye. He wipes it away quickly. "If you start crying, I'll start crying too," he laughs. But almost immediately, he also sheds a tear.

I pulled James into a hug, where I got to bury my face into his shoulder and cry on it. "I love you, James. Thank you for everything."

He wrapped his arms around my torso tighter. "I love you too, champ."

I sat there in his arms for a while. I needed to let myself ugly cry without anyone seeing my face. Acceptance was all I needed from him. And now two people know.

I turned my head so I could whisper something in James' ear. "I like Aiden, a lot. I want to tell him. I want to show it to him. But I'm terrified."

We pull away from the hug and he looks at me again. "You're strong, Vincent. You have strength, use it."

♡ ♡ ♡

The next day of school was nice. I hung around Aiden for most of it. I forgot to get him a gift but I assumed he'd be fine with it. I'll just get him something special by Friday.

When Andrew and I were alone, I decided to let him know, "I told my brother."

"You told James-"

"More like he found out himself. Last night. When . . ."

"I know." Andrew raised his eyebrow. "Did you cry?"

I roll my eyes and smile. "Of course I did."

"So what're you guys planning on Friday?"

"Honestly, after hearing from you and James . . . I want to go for it. Like-"

"Kiss him?"

I smile. Obviously that's what I want.

"Hey, Vinnie. Hey, Andrew. What are you guys talking about?" I spun around to see Aiden walking towards us. Ah, shit.

"You," Andrew blurts.

I glared at Andrew but all he does is shrug. "Your test," I incorrectly corrected him.

Aiden laughs. "Yeah, right. Both of you are insane. I love you guys."

I love you too.

♡ ♡ ♡

Hi.