18

We got the hospital and had been waiting in the lobby for what seemed like ages I woke up to peter and Roman lighting cigars.

“Are you allowed to smoke those in here? It is a hospital.” I ask sitting up off the sofa.

“who gives a damn I own the place in a few months, it’s my name on the building what are they gunna do? Throw me out?” Roman says with a grin.
We all smile. Everything was coming togather. Slowly but surely. The valgarf was dead, we were all safe, besides shelley but we were working on that, and Letha was having her baby, though I still didn’t know who killed my father, I knew we could figure out who did.
Suddenly lights start flashing, and an alarm is sounding. Then over the intercom.
“Code blue, I repeat we have a code blue.” We all look at each other and slowly walk to the double doors that lead to the delivery room. We wait. And we wait. Finally yohan walks out and looks remorse. My heart breaks. And I think of Destiny saying Letha had a short life line…

“No.” I whisper as a tear runs down my face.
“I’m sorry, we did all we could she started to hemorrhage,… we couldn’t stop the bleeding..” he looks down and walks away very slowly.

Peter puts his hand over his mouth and looks like hes going to break. I pull him in to a hug then Roman.
“I’m so sorry…” I say crying. Peter shakes his head and walks away, kicking over a trash can as he leaves. I look at Roman and hes crying. I hug him again.

   Roman sent me home. He wasn’t ready to leave the hospital. I did as he asked. I knew he needed time. I knew what that felt like it’s why I went back to my old house…. I lay down on my bed and cry. Poor letha.

I feel asleep but woke up to Roman climbing in bed with me. He slipped his arms around me and took a deep breath in.

“Are you okay.” I ask quietly.

“I will be.” He says. I can feel him tighten his grip on me.

I nod and kiss one of his hands. All of a sudden he turns my face to his and kisses me. “make me forget, at least for tonight…” he asks me the hurt and the pain in his voice breaking my heart.  I kiss him to give him my answer. I couldn’t say no, hell apart of me missed his touch, but we had been trying to take it slow since finding out his mom compelled him in to assaulting Ashley.

The next morning, I wake up before Roman and go down stairs, Olivia is sitting drinking her coffee, and reading the newspaper. She seems unfazed.

“H-hi.” I say shyly.
She looks up to me and smiles. “good morning darling, come sit.” I get some coffee and sit by her.

“How are you doing, with… well you know…” I ask quietly.

“Hmm.. oh yes Letha. God awful, poor girl. And the baby, poor Norman lost his daughter and his grandchild. I’m making it my personal duty to see that he is well.” She smirks as if lost in her own thoughts.

I’m just reminded how awful she really is using this as a ploy to get closer to Norman. Suddenly her phone rings and she leaves the room. I’m left sitting in silence, drinking my coffee. I think back to last night and blush a bit.

Roman comes down stairs and tells me hes going to find Peter and to check on him, I tell him okay, cause I have a few job interviews to go to today, one incidentally at the white tower as a receptionist for yohan.

   I arrive at the white tower. Nervous for some reason. I. walk in to yohan office and he smiles at me.

“Ah welcome Miss Teller. How are you today.” He smiles and gestures for me to sit down.

“I’m good, and you?” I ask politely.

Hus face faulters for a brief moment, and he smiles again. It’s a deflection tactic I’ve noticed. “I’m as well as is expected. Now let us begin the interview.”

After some questions and small talk and explaining why he asked if I wanted this position and why he thinks I’d be good at it I receive my orientation paper work. I get up to leave smiling and he reminds me “don’t forget in three weeks you have your next test, though now I do assume you could do it before or after work one night.” He smiles.

“I wont forget. And oh, I didn’t tell Roman I was interviewing here, he just knows I was job hunting…” I say leaving it open ended.

“Alright, duly noted, I will let you be the one to tell him.”

I leave the white tower and head out for coffee. Despite yesterday’s events I was in a pretty good mood. I grabbed two lattes and head over to Destinys.

“I heard from peter what happened.” She says as she takes her latte.

“It broke his heart.” I say sadly.

We sit in silence for a few moments until we start talking about my new job.

“So your going to work at the white tower. That’s pretty good, they pay well too. Good benefits..” she says grinning.

“Yeah yeah haha.” I say smiling taking a drink of my coffee.

We talk for a few more hours, and it starts to get dark, so I head home. When I get there Roman’s in a mood. Hes throwing things around and yelling.

“What’s wrong?” I ask.

He looks at me and I see a flash of anger and sadness. He storms to me and kisses me, hard. The pulls away. “That was a good bye kiss. For your safety leave, and don’t come back.” He says quietly.

I blink a few times and stair at him. “are you fucking serious.”

He looks sad but says. “yes, it’s the only way. Not go, here’s a house key and some cash to get you started on your own, the house key is one of my many that I own.” He states flatly.

He puts the money and key in my hand. I look at him and throw the key and the money in his face. And turn to leave.

I call Destiny. “He fucking broke up with me and kicked me out, but tried to give me money and a house!!!”

“What does he think your some hooker he can put in a house for his own use any time he wants!” she exclaims “come to my place you can stay with me for as long as you need.”

After moving in to Destinys I find out lynda and peter left, no good byes nothing.

   I start my new job and all is going well. It’s been a few weeks and my blood draw is due. I finish up my shift and head in to yohan office to get my blood work down, Roman’s in his office looking very upset. He sees me and freezes.

“What are you doing here?” I cant read his emotion.

“I have an appointment, and my shifts over.” I say flatly trying to hide my nerves.

“Shift?”

“I’ve been working here for a few weeks. I’m yohan new receptionist…” I stand confidently.

He looks at yohan with a look that says how dare you.

“If you could leave I’d like to get on with my appointment and get home.” I say angrily.

He nods and starts to leave, but he stops next to me and looks at me and I swear I see pain behind his cold exterior.

Yohan takes my blood and I head home. Thinking of roman the whole time. Thank god for days off.  I’m woken up the next morning by my phone rringing.my hand flys blindly to feel for my phone on my night stand. I finally find it and look at the time. 7 am. Its yohan.

“Hello.” I way tiredly.

“Andrea, its Yohan. I’m calling because I’ve found something interesting in your blood samples.”

“Yeah, like what?” I ask slightly annoyed, he couldn’t have waited to call.

“Well, how do I put this lightly, your HCG levels were 350.”

I sit up “Excuse me!”

“Andrea your pregnant.”

I World seemed to freeze. My heart felt as if it stopped. How, and what am I going to do. And how am I going to tell Roman…

A/N: END OF BOOK ONE.