12

We went back to the house. Peter stayed with Destiny, with the full moon tonight she thought itd be best if she could keep an eye on him.

“I really don’t want to leave you alone tonight.” Roman says as I fix his bow tie.

“You promised Letha you were going to take her to this dance, and Peter cant. So your going I’m a big girl I’ll be ok.” I smile. He looked handsome. I kissed his lips lightly.

“Are you sure?” he asks holding my shoulders lovingly.

“I’m sure" I smile at him. “Now go or you’ll be late.” I send him on his way and watch him leave from his bedroom window.

I take a deep breath and light a cigarette. Thinking about what I learned. I wasn’t meant to be here.
I go down stairs and out the back door to the green house. I find Olivia tending to the beautiful plants.

“Oh sorry. I’ll leave.” I turn to leave.

“Wait. Darling. What’s on your mind.” She gives me a, sympathetic smile maybe, and walks up to me.

“I don’t want to burden you.” I say taking another drag.

“Oh please. I asked. I wouldn’t have if I didn’t want to try and help.” She sits on the metal bench in between the planters.

I think of what Roman said, that he dosnt trust her, I decied to not whole heartedly lie.

“I found out what really happened when my mother died..” I look up at the glass ceiling and see rain starting to fall.

“Oh dear. What happened?” she says touching my arm.
I look at her. “she died in labor but so did i.. they saved me but they couldn’t save her… it’s like I learned I wasn’t meant to be here. . .” I sigh and snuff my cigarette out on my shoe.

She eyes me and grabs my hand, I look at her and she seems so serious I’m scared for a moment. She hugs me.

“Darling. I think I have someone you should meet. He could help you feel not so out of place.” I just nod worried if I say no I’ll have her wrath apon me.

“Go, rest, I’ll take you after dinner.” She cups my face gently and I’m sent on my way.

    After dinner Olivia is taking me somewhere and I’m extremely nervous. She lights a cigarette and hands it to me. “oh Darling, its alright. I promise.” I take the cigarette and take a hit.  Soon were pulling up to the white tower. I follow Olivia to the elevator and when we come out we approach a security terminal. The great Olivia saying Mrs. Godfrey. They stop me and she turns her anger on to them.

“SHE IS WITH ME! Why else would I have exited and walked here with her you buffoon.” They let me through. “ Imbeciles. Honestly, come along dear” I follow her to an office, just as were about to enter Dr. Shashur walks out. She seems taken back to see me with Olivia.

“Mrs.Godfrey, miss teller, my condolences on your father…” she leaves.

We head inside and are greeted by a short Asian looking man, but he seems nice.

“Dr yohan price, you must be Andrea.” He shakes my hand with a smile Olivia excuses her self and leaves me with the dr.

“So tell me, what you told Olivia.” He sits at his desk taking notes.

“Well my mother died in labor with me, and I was stillborn. But they…brought me back.” I sit with my hands in my lap.

“Miraculous, may I say, I specifically studied reanimation of dead tissue. Shelly. Was my first success.. she had been deceased for a few days, when JR, her father, brought her to me. There have been others. I could put you in contact with them, so you feel… more connected. Or more of a since if belonging.” Hes leaning forward. I can tell hes interested in his work.

“Sure… I’d like that.” I  manage a smile.

“Aslo of youd permit it I’d like to see if you have any blood diseases, or vitamin deficiency as I’ve found several on my other cases.” He sits back and begins scribbling more notes.

“Uh… okay sure?” I say.
Is this a good idea… I think to myself.

“Alright.” He walks over to a drawer and starts pulling things out. He walks over to me and asks me to take my arm out of my hoodie and tries a band around my bicep.

“Make a fist please.” I do as I’m told and he finds my prominent vien and preps it.
“1. 2. 3. Alright, good you didn’t even flinch. Wonderful.” He smiles at me. I manage a very small grin as I watch the blood fill in to the vile.
He filled a few more and then were finished.
“I shall call the godfrey residence to contact you for your results, good night miss teller.”
I walk out to the hallway and look around Olivia is walking down the hall.
“go wait in the car darling, I’ll be down in a moment. I must have a word with Price.” She says sternly. I nod and head out.

Olivia POV.

I walk in to Prices office. Hes holding a vile of blood up to the light, with a smile of pure glee on his face.
“so Yohan what do you think.” I sit on his desk and light a cigarette. He side glances me and puts the vile in my hand.
“See for your self. I have plenty to work with. Though. I should probably run some legitimate tests so not to raise suspicion.” I take the vile and take the top off and smell it.
My eyes rolling in my head at the sweet scent of the blood. I drink the vile and my mind goes hazy. My body feels warm and relaxed.
“what is this.” I say breathlessly.
Yohan smiles and grabs a letter opener.
“Watch.” He attempts to stab me in the heart, causing the metal letter opener to snap in two.
I grin. “magnificent.”
“I do believe her blood is the answer to our problems.”

Andrea’s POV.

    About 30 minutes of waiting later and Olivia comes to the car smiling. She drove us to the house with out saying a word. I looked at the time, it was about 11 PM. And I felt exhausted. I walked up to my room and drew myself a hot  bath to help me relax, I took the bandage off my arm from getting my blood drawn and looked at the bruise. It wasn’t horrible. I soaked in the tub and thought about my mother. 

What was a high priestess? I thought to myself. I sigh and light a joint. Might as well find out. I Google it.

high priest·ess
/hī ˈprēstis/
noun
1. a female high priest.
o the chief female advocate or proponent of a particular belief or practice.

So she must have been a witch… does that make me one too? Or does the “dark magic” from the demonic side make me a demon… I think back of everything I’ve learned that exists and thinks anything is possible. Maybe my dreams are a form of premonitions. I half laugh to myself.

I finish my joint and close my eyes, sinking in to the water deeper. Before I knew it, I fell asleep and was dreaming.

I was seeing the freshman Christian walking through the woods, she was alone. The leaves on the trees hadnt fully fallen yet so it must have been just the beginning of the school year, cause she had her books. She stops and looks at the ground. It’s a wolf’s foot print. Shes kneeling down looking at, when suddenly I cant breath.

I wake up choking on water I pull my self up and take a gasping breath coughing.

“Shit.” I breath. “that’s why you don’t sleep in the tub..” I get out and get dressed in my pajamas. I look at the time. 2 am. I walk down to Roman’s room and peek in. Hes not there. I look ag my messages.

Roman: hey wont be home til late, we almost hit some homeless guy talking about he has seen the dragon. Letha and I took him to her dads care.

I look at the recive time it was at 12. I yawn and go back to my room. I’ll see him in the morning I tell myself.