17

I blink a few times, still in a daze. I look at Roman his face seems worried.

“What?” I ask sitting up and taking a deep breath.

“You just, I don’t know, I almost thought you were having a seizure. You were shaking and convulsing.” He stared at me unblinking.

“I’m. . . Fine.” I say thinking about what I learned. I dig my nails in to my palm, debating to tell him or not.

“What did you see?” he asks nervously.

I look at him begging the universe for an answer, to tell him or not. Suddenly I cant stop myself. “Your mom compelled you in to doing what ever it took to push me away, so I’d be on ‘her side' she needs me for something so that’s why you didn’t remember how you ended up at Ashleys…  she told you you wouldn’t remember, and you wouldn’t get caught…”

He dosnt move a muscle. He sits there, but I can see the rage behind his eyes. 

“We should get some sleep we have a long day head of us…” I say trying to change the subject.

“I’ll kill her. That fucking bitch.” He mutters to himself.

I look at him worriedly, “Roman. Don’t go starting something when were so close to finishing off the valgarf… I’m sorry I told you…” the last part comes out barley a whisper.

He looks at me. “your sorry? After what I did YOUR sorry?” he says angrily.

I sigh and look out the window. Snow was lightly falling. I look back at Roman and his face softens.
“Roman. I’m sorry because I assumed the worst of you. When I shouldn’t have and I’m the one who found this out. This is my fault your so angry. And she said she needed me to hate you. Again this comes back to me…. I’m so sorry.” I take a deep breath trying not to cry. I had no idea what she wanted with me but I was scared to say the least.

He hugged me quickly and tightly. I couldn’t stop the tears, the man I supposedly loved I was so willing to assume he had done the unspeakable, with out an explanation. And here he was forgiving me for being a bad girlfriend and technically cheating. I sobbed.
I cried for the girls who died a horrible death no one deserved.
I cried for the family’s who lost they’re loved ones.
And I cried for Roman because he could have had any one and he picked me…. And it was ruining his life…

He just held me as the tears came. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep. And I was having that same dream of christina, walking through the woods, she stops to look at the wolf print, looks around as if checking for anyone and gets on her hands and knees. She uses a hand to hold her hair back and drinks the water that had formed in the paw print. Suddenly shes sitting up and staring at the sky, her eyes bright yellow, like Petera during a shift. . .

I jolt up in bed to a phone call from Letha. Roman’s still holding me and looks up at me.

“He-hello?” I say as I get my barings.

“Hey could you come to my house, please. Christian is here and she seems really freaked out.”

I jump up and start throwing my pants on “well be right there don’t leave!”

Roman looks at me one eye still closed. “where are we going?” he yawns.

“Christina is at Lethas and shes the valgarf I had a dream, or premonition, what ever it’s her I know it!!!” I rip him out of bed and throw his jacket at him.
“We need to go now!” I say running down stairs.

We get to Lethas and were trying to stay calm. Roman kept saying it was probably just a nightmare. Christian and Letha keep asking to see Peter. After giving him a call and stopping to pick up some rope, we head to the church. And I cant help but feel more on edge, every five of my being was telling me to kill her now.

We walk in the church and Letha seems as anxious as me. We both walk over to a step and sit I give her my jacket as she starts to shiver. She was to far along for all this stress. I thought to myself. We should have left her at home. All of a sudden Christina is talking about the killings and the boys realized I was right.

“What’s going on what is she talking about..”  letha asks.

They tie her up and we can hear murmuring. Roman comes to me and Letha and pulls an old time Axe out of a leather case he carried in.

“What is that for?!” letha asks more panic in her voice.

Just then we see Peter step out to grab the bacon grease. He smears it on his face and we hear cracking and moaning.
Shes shifting, I think to myself. Just after the thought. She lunges at Peter and drags him behind some old boxes. We here him scream and my blood drains from my face.
Peter walks out from behind the box and has is hands, covered in blood in front if his face. Letha screams and I hold her back. His hands fall I jump in front of Letha to leep her from seeing his face, or lack there of. She screaming and sobbing, begging me to let her help him and my hearts breaking that I cant, but I have to keep her safe from the valgarf.
The white wolf from before walks out, face stained red from Peter, and starts trotting to us.
Peter jumps in front of us but the wolf’s to quick and strong. Its pinning him down. I focus my rage and pain and everything I’ve felt over the last few months and channel it into and energy blast and throw it at the wolf it blows her back and brakes some of the old church seats. Letha is stairing at me, in terror or awe, I’m not sure and Roman jumps up and runs to us.
“Howd you do that.” Asks half grinning and panting.
I just glare at him as to say not the time. The I see the wolf’s gone I stand in front of Letha and peter stands on the back of her. The wolf lunges at me out of no where and all of a sudden Peter, in wolf form, tackles it. The fight snap snarled, and rip in to eachother. The white wolf gets Peter by the throat and theres a loud crunch and hes tossed to the side. Roman is holding Letha back and I’m frozen, my friends dead. This bitch is probably going to kill us, I think. Then out of no where. The wolf’s being held in the air and its head twist in a 360 with a disgusting orchestra of cracks and pops. Shelly drops the wolf and I look at her I’m disbelief. A grin on mine and Peter face.

“You saved us shell.” I say, smiling until theres a loud bang and I feel warm wetness splatter me in the face.

She takes off running and I look up. Its sheriff sworn. “DON’T HURT HER! PLEASE!” Roman yells. I run out to try and catch Shelley. Its snowing and I cant find her any where. I start yelling for her.

“SHELLEY,  SHELLEY!” suddenly Roman’s yelling with me. He looks at me and has tears in his eyes. I see the sheriff coming and go back inside afraid my anger will take over.

Letha is laying with peters now human body half laughing half crying. I go over to him and see hes alive. I’m relieved.

We take him to Destinys and Letha stays with him refusing to leave his side. I use her restroom to clean up. I look in the mirror and cry. I had Shelley’s blood all over my face I washed it off as best as I could and me and Roman left. We hardly spoke more than a few words to each other.

We got home and I went up stairs and showered. Feeling distracted just enough, to relax. I try to use my powers to reach Shelley and nothing. I’m to exhausted. I get out if the shower and walk in my room. Roman’s waiting, hair also wet. I pull my robe tighter around myself and look at him.

“Are you okay?” he asks me.

“I’m okay..” I say quietly.

“You look exhausted.”

“I am.” I state flatly. “I tried to reach Shelley, mentally but I’m to exhausted.”

He looks at me and sighs “look well find her shell be okay shes a Godfrey after all.” She says jokingly. Trying to make me feel better.

The next few weeks go by in a blur. We got back in time a normal school routine, I had a few follow up appointments with price and I was supposed go back for an important discussion later, that’s all I knew. We were hanging out at Destinys trying to pool our magic to reach shelly but we only ever got whispers.

Suddenly peters phone rings and hes excited, he hangs up.
“Baby time!!!” he yelles happily as we all jump up and leave to the white tower.