11

I woke up and Roman was already out of bed. I sat up and sighed. My whole body hurt. I slowly got dressed and made my way down stairs.

I walked in the living room and saw Roman and Peter talking. They both looked at me and stopped talking.

“Well hi to you too..” I roll my eyes and go to the kitchen where coffee was calling my name. I hear the boys follow behind me and peter puts his hands on the corner if the counter and looks at me Roman crosses his arms and leans on the other counter watching me.

I make my coffee and turn around and look at them.

“WHAT?” I say annoyed and more loudly than needed.

“How do you feel.” Peter says looking at me. Roman bites his thumb.

“I feel fine? Why?” I drink my coffee.

“You were having violent nightmares last night..” Roman says.
I look at him with my eyebrow raised.
“okay?”

“Did the valgarf bite in to you?” Peter asks.

“No. No punctures at least.” I feel my neck and think about yesterday.

“Well… I think where ever your superwoman strength came from, we need to know… remember were suppoes to see Destiny today..” I nod. And chug my coffee and throw my hair up.

“Let’s go.” They eye me as I walk towards the door.

   We get to destiny’s and were sitting in her aliving room she has insents burning and she comes out of her room dressed in stereotypical “gypsy” attire. She says something to the man who walks out after her and then goes back in to her room to change.

She comes out and sits next to me on the couch and hands me a drink.

“Dont worry it’s just whisky" she smiles.

I nod and take a sip. “so how does this work?”

“well they said you threw the valgarf across the room… with sheer strength… and you attacked that Andy kid, and now something about nightmares?”

“yeah.” I sigh.

“What triggered your rage?” she asks.

I take a few more sips. “I got pissed off, after all I’ve lived through…my dad beating me, my mom dying in labor, then my dad dying,..to die by a murderous werewolf and a upir who wants my blood. Fuck that I still have a life to live. And some sadistic piece of shit isnt going to be what takes me down.” I say feeling the rage build up inside of me again.

Suddenly Destiny grabbed my hand and her eyes went black. She gasped and started mumbling in a different language. All of a sudden my body goes numb and my vision blurs. When it comes back I’m standing behind a doctor. They are standing in front of a woman giving birth.

“That’s your mother.” I jump at hearing Destinys voice.

“What are we doing here?” I ask walking around the doctors to look at my mother she was pushing. Her face twisted in pain Turing a bright shade of red.

“I felt a darkness inside of you.. and a light. I asked the spirits to take us where it comes from..”

“where what comes from?” I asked look at her.

“Your power. The light and the dark.” All of a sudden there’s a loud scream and the doctors are rushing around the room. One walks right threw me. As if I’m a ghost.

“Shes not crying. Why isnt she crying!” my mom starts screaming. I look over horrified. There I was a new born baby. All blue and not breathing…

“do something!” I hear my dad say I turn around an look at him. I hadnt even noticed him. He looks so young. His eyes were full of tears.

After trying the paddles and CPR. They pronounced me, my baby self dead. My mother was screaming. My dad was standing hold my body tears running down his face.

Suddenly we’re taken to my old home. In the nursery. I look around and I’m in shock. My mother was sitting in the middle of a pentagram, candles lit speaking a different language. There was a note on the night stand and in the pentagram with my mother was me. Wrapped in a bright pink blanket. Suddenly there a vortex of black thundering clouds and a man appears.

“HOW DEAR YOU SUMMON ME!” his voice booms in the room, my mother slowly stands up and looks at him.

“I come to you with an offer. A life for a life. Take me as the blood sacrifice… please… let my baby girl live…” she says as tears start running down her face.

Destiny gasped and grabbed my hand and gives it a squeeze.

“A high priestess, offering her self for the service of a necromancer. My my. You know how this goes. She could turn in to a demon. If shes not strong enough to handle the dark magic.”  The man says looking down at her.

“She will handle it. I know she will. I’ve seen it.” She nods.

Suddenly he grabs her neck and digs his fingers in letting the blood run over his hand. She didn’t flinch, she never even made an attempt to get away.

I’m sobbing holding my chest as I watch my mother die.

He walks over to my baby corpse and drips the blood on my head. Chanting and then suddenly. I’m crying.
I read the note she left

   I know you said no. But our daughter is more important than you’ll ever know. I love you. I love her. And just know I’ll always watch over you both.

Love, Emilia.

   Suddenly were taken back to our body’s and Roman hold me. Peters in front of me worries expression on his face.

Destiny shoves him aside and pushes Roman back and hugs me. They both look shocked. When she pulls away I pour myself another drink and chugg it.

“What happened… you both were crying and freaking out in the trance.” Peter ask.
Roman moves back to me hugs me I lean in to him.

“I found out the truth…” I say staring in to space.

“My mom, she didn’t die during labor. And she was a high priestess.. what ever that is… she sacrificed herself to a necromancer to bring me back..” I start sobbing uncontrollably. Roman and Peter look at eachother and to destiny.

Destiny finishes explaining while I get my self composed. I light a joint. Once shes done explaining the boys look at me.

“What does this mean for her?” Roman asks.

“I’m not sure… she must have tapped in to the demonic power inside of her when she got away from the valgarf… maybe I can work with her teach her how to use the white magic to protect herself and keep the demonic side from taking over.” She looks at me and puts a hand on mine. “at least we know you are strong enough to keep it under control, your mom saw it" she smiles at me.

“If reading has taught me anything every book involving someone with the power of premonitions, the future is ever changing based off of our choices… what if I made or make a wrong choice and it’s to late…” I ask thinking about the way I ran off with Andy and the way I almost killed him….

“Well make sure it doesn’t happen I promise!!” Roman says.