3

A/N: twords the end of this chapter there is a scene that might be triggering for abuse survivors. Please feel free to skip over it.

I woke up in a cold sweat. I looked at the clock. 7 o’clock on Saturday and I’m already awake. I sigh and roll out of bed. I sit at my desk and draw the shadowy figure with wings from my dream. I stare at it. Not quite able to put a finger on who it was. After staring at the drawing for what seemed like ages I got in the shower. I got out of the shower and got dressed when I heard a knock on the door. I go downstairs to answer the door and see the sherriff and a woman I’d never seen before.

“Hi, sheriff Sworn, and you are?” I ask politely. The small woman eyes me, seeming to take in every detail. I feel small under her gaze.

“I’m doctor Chasseu, with the fish and wildlife services. I understand you’re the only eye witness in these animal attacks that have happened.”

I nod, unsure of what to say. “yes…I gave my statement to the sheriff…and I know how it sounds.”

“I believe you, that’s why I’m here.” She looks right in my eyes. I offer them to come inside. We sit at the table. Sworn looks around.

“Dads been drinking again?” he asks looking at my cheek. The bruise was fading, but it was still a nice shade of blue and green.

“Yeah..so how can I help you?” I ask Chasseu.

“You can start with a recap of what happened that night.” I sighed I was getting sick of repeating myself.
I told her the same thing I told the others. She didn’t flinch or even seem shocked that I said it was a big dog.

“Well I believe that’s all we need. Thank you for your cooperation, and I will be in contact if I have any more questions miss Teller.” She smiled as she walked out the door and sheriff Sworn say goodbye. I wait until I hear them pull away and call Peter.

Ringing

Ringing

Ringing.

Voicemail. I sigh and call Roman.

‘Hello?’ He said in a tired voice.

I smile too myself. “hey its Andrea. I uh, just had a visit from the sheriff and some lady from the fish and wildlife department…asking about Brooke, we need to check on Peter…”

I bite my lip and listen to him grunt.
“I’ll be there to pick you up in 10. Be ready.”

I laugh “ unlike you I’ve been up for a while".

“Sheet.”

“See you in a bit.” I say laughing as I hang up. I put my boots on and threw a hoodie on. Filled my coffee mug and by the time I was done Roman was beeping his horn. I grab my coffee and keys and lock the door. I get in the car and Roman smiling.

“What?” I ask smiling back at him.

“You look beautiful.” He drives off as I roll my eyes.

When we get to peters his mom answers the door. She lets us in and we see Peter asleep in the chair. I let out a sigh of relief. I tell them about the woman who showed up with sworn. Peter’s mom seemed concerned. But told us to enjoy our day.
“The turn, it really takes it out of him.” She sighs covering him up. We walk out getting ready to leave. When Roman stops me.

“What do you want to do today"? He smiles at me.

“I don’t have any plans.” I shrug.

“Come hang out with me and Letha.” He seemed excited.

“Okay sure.” I smile. We get back in the car and drive to a super nice looking house. And we pick up Letha Godfrey. She was super pretty. Blonde hair blue eyes. She got in the car and said hi to Roman and then introduced herself to me.