4

"What's wrong". He says pulling me inside.

I step in and see Roman standing up, walking to me. I look down and take a deep breath.

I can't tell them what happened. I think.

"Me and my dad got in to a really bad argument...I'm so sorry, I didn't know where else to go." I say quietly.

Peter hands me a joint and a lighter. I light it and sit in the recliner. Roman puts a hand on my shoulder and I try not to flinch. He pulls his hand back and sit on the couch. Eyeing me. I listen to the boys chatting and notice Roman's keeping a close watch. After a while. Peter gets a phone call. And tells us he's got to go to his cousins, Roman offers to give him a ride. We head out to Roman's car and he grabs my hand. I fiddle with my sleeves.

"Your hands are freezing." He frowns. I look at him as he gives me his jacket from under his coat.

"Put it on." He says demandingly. I do as he says and I breath in deep. His husky cologne filling me with comfort. He opens the door for me and I get in the back. Peter looks at us as Roman gets in a smiles.

"What?" Roman asks.

"Nothing man. You to seem real cozy." He smiles and chuckles.

"Sheet." Roman smiles and looks at me in the rearview mirror and winks.

I grin. The weed was helping with the pain for now. But I still didn't know what I was going to do for the night.

We drop Peter off at his cousins and he swears well meet her soon. I hop up front and light a cigarette. Roman looks at me and take my cigarette.

"What really happened?" he asks taking a drag.

I look down. "nothing." I look out of the window.

"Why wont you tell me?" he ask.

I look at him tears in my eyes. "Why do you care?"

He starts driving. "cause I do."

I Take the cigarette back. Our fingers brushing slightly. I take a hit and look at him. "my father was beating his girlfriend, and I got in the middle of it."

He looks at me. "what." We come to a stop signs and he sits at it.

"So he 'put me in my place' With his belt." I say impersonating my father. I take another deep drag. And sigh.

He tightens his grip on the steering wheel and takes off, fast.

"Fucker." He mutters. "where are you staying tonight." He asks through his teeth. "you can't go back home."

I pull his hoodie up around me and take a breath. "I don't know..."

He takes a Sharp turn. And heads back in town. "where are you going?" I ask jerking to the side slightly.

"were going to a hotel." He says talking to the bed. Dropping me on it. I giggle abit, and he smiles.

He crawls on top of me and starts trying to tickle me. I try to hold back, but my body hurts so bad. "STOP!" I yell tears sti g my eyes. I look away face red and I cover my face with my hands.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked jumping off. I curl up in a ball and try to calm down.

He sits next to me and strokes my hair. "what happened? Tell me." I stand up, shaking, and take his hoodie and my shirt off and show him my back and ribs.

"Your dad. Did this." He says gently touching my bruises. I keep the shirt pushed against my chest. "That mother fucker." He stands up and walks towards the door.